Wave Break Island Social October 22-24

tugger

yes dave it's nice and deep compared to mooloolaba it's dredged so its not a bar but a seaway just with a big swell and a strong outgoing tide it can be a bit hairy, looking at the long range forecast it will be flat so i'm definately getting outside over the weekend

woohoo

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been looking at the Gold Coast Seaaway on the surfcam it looks pretty easy and flat, is it usually this way when the weather is good? :whistle:

In 3 years I have only seen the seaway really bad a handfull of times, but it gets bad. The swell gets big and its still ok inside, but when the breakers are right accross its lethal.

Thats it Tugger starting to pack now the missus (Carol) is also coming too. I think we will be putting in at the Rudy Maas ramp as I've been advised its really secure there, when we anchor off at night on the Northen end of the island do you need a tender to get back to the boat?:unsure:

hi nickers, rob noname here!

hubby'ssupport group!!!

tommy isnt tryin to get away from you,

rather he feels this time apart will

further refine his love that he shares with you.

so if you could find it n your heart to set him free for the weekend,

you might be surprised at what he can achieve in the next few weeks..

hahahah

rob.

and it is very much game on, lmao

:whistle: got all the weapons on board already

Rob, what a load of *cough* bull%^#$ *cough* hahahahahaha :P :P

We'll see how well he behaves this week, I might let him out on the weekend! :unsure: :unsure:

we'll be on the northern beach towards the southport end and you'll be able to get a lift by one of us lads how'll have boats on the beach unless you've got a little inflatable

Thats it Tugger starting to pack now the missus (Carol) is also coming too. I think we will be putting in at the Rudy Maas ramp as I've been advised its really secure there, when we anchor off at night on the Northen end of the island do you need a tender to get back to the boat?:unsure:

we'll be on the northern beach towards the southport end and you'll be able to get a lift by one of us lads how'll have boats on the beach unless you've got a little inflatable

Hi Mark are you able to beach bigger boats there, and Davey I will have my inflatable there for the kids to play with during the day you can use to get to your boat in the night as we will be tenting it.

have you guys used this ramp - http://www.nearmap.com/?q=@-27.877759,153.393852&ll=-27.877759,153.393852&z=20&t=h&nmd=20100720

I wanted a ramp a little bit away from the race. Is there a better ramp?

There is a few small ramps, one is opposite Kurrajong Avenue or Constance Esp or Ray st or Marine Parade, Ted you might be able to do the IT bit and pinpoint on the map, but they are all in the Runaway bay area.

gday dave i'm thinking of using the runaway bay marina ramp it's $20 a night to leave the car and trailer with securty monitoring 24hrs you can get extra fuel, ice etc there and its on bay view st runaway bay opposite crab island which is only a short run to the wave break island

this is where i'm going from

gday dave i'm thinking of using the runaway bay marina ramp it's $20 a night to leave the car and trailer with securty monitoring 24hrs you can get extra fuel, ice etc there and its on bay view st runaway bay opposite crab island which is only a short run to the wave break island

i doubt we'll get a repeat of last year with the weather the forecast is for light winds all weekend and only the chance of a shower i plan to get out the seaway a fair bit for some offshore action

wait ,, with this weather , is there a contingcy plan ere. just in case the weather turns pearshaped like last year ??? peel island maybe? mayb a few beers in da arvo and stay the night. ?

Archived