shortie

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My bad. :pinch: No wonder I can't find the team lists ! :blush:

I was sure it was tonight....how disappointing :(

now who is a little excited boy ???

My hand is up. :blush:

Good news kriso. The comp needs a few more. Some of the regulars haven't made it in this year.

I'm in again.

And for the record, even though I am not a big Benji fan, I feel a bit sorry for him. There is only so long you can expect any man to be racially abused before reacting. And what sort of a big man gives it to an NRL star with a heap of mates around and then goes crying to the police when he gets what he deserves. Time for the world to harden up and stop having these crazy double standards where we expect animals on the field and choir boys off the field.

Completely agree with what you are saying but surely players have got to learn that these situations will arise and not to put them self in the situation. I think the bloke got what was coming to him and as a matter of fact I'd like to see him say the same kind of things to a cpl of other kiwis. Lets see if he can still cry to the police if he said the same kind of things to someone like Warea-Hargreaves.

I'm not saying players should not have a social life. Just be aware of your surroundings and avoid potential incidents. Why was benji at maccas at 3am? Why did Benji stay there and listen to this bloke racially slur him until he got so angry he thumped the bloke? why was watmough caught driving 120km in an 80 zone? why was carney out drinking when he has alcohol issues?

At the end of the day, no matter what the circumstances, Professional sportsmen have extra responsibility placed on their shoulders when in public. Rather than fining clubs or suspending players, lets educate the players on what to look out for and fix the problem from the players side rather than the publics.

I find this all a bit like the Andrew Simonds saga from a few years ago. Whether it's reacting to a racial slur, driving after a few drinks when you 'not sure' if your over the limit or in Symonds case not turning up to training/meetings (or turning up hung over). Dont do it.

Pay me the amount of money these guys are on and I garentee you that I turn up to every meeting and training session, don't drink and drive, and definatly not punch anybody in the face at macas, man I would even tuck my shirt in and say yes sir / no sir just like I did back in grade 3 for that money.

On a more positive note though add up all the players in the comp and compare that to the number of players in trouble and the percentage would be pretty low (espically when its the same offenders half the time). Just like everthing else in life - It's a few people that give a bad name to a lot of people.

Geeez I miss the Tommy Raudonikis era of footy,it had body and soul....

Unlike todays sterile era of "lets put them on a pedestal and call them "roll models",and then whine like a turbine throwing a bearing when a superbug appears, and shatters the 'roll model" illusion.

who is going to be the wooden spoon this year????

my guess is "the tigers" :P

with the horse trading that goes on from one season to the next and major injuries happening to key players,and key players coming back from last seasons injuries,often the hardest part is figuring out how much the table from last season turns itself upside down.

leaving the Storm out of the equation,over the years how many times has the team that won the grand final one year dropped completely out of the 8 the following season.

who is going to be the wooden spoon this year????

my guess is "the tigers" :P

with the horse trading that goes on from one season to the next and major injuries happening to key players,and key players coming back from last seasons injuries,often the hardest part is figuring out how much the table from last season turns itself upside down.

leaving the Storm out of the equation,over the years how many times has the team that won the grand final one year dropped completely out of the 8 the following season.

2003 Panthers no

2004 Bulldogs no

2005 Tigers no

2006 Broncos yes (just)

2007 Storm yes

2008 Manly yes

2009 Storm no (but would have)

2010 Dragons (?????probably)

It is no certain thing picking a top 8 with so many variables.

Ted, Log in and see if the tips you made appear when you go to put them in again. If so hit save and exit. Probably just a glitch with Oztips

cowboys worked for that win ,they deserve to win i think .

watching the game i wondered ,where are the big forwards .

u know the guys that are the size of shortie ,noname ,chubbstar,ryan young ,ted ,dassa and so on .

not your 5'10 blokes the 6 footers blokes or just blokes that are that wide they fill the door way in .

Archived