scarbrough night trip

James W

myself, kane and my dad hit up scarbrough reef tonite to see if those big breambos were around....they were....not great numbers but the size of the bream we got ( i got:P ) were fantastic!....at first fishing was slow with long no bite periods.....i think it was 2 hours until i landed the first legal bream of the night...and it was a decent bream...i have no measurements but will mesure tomorrow morning...another hour passed with out bothering the esky...until all hell broke loose...my little medallist began to scream like a banshee!...lline peeling out fast!....knew it was a decent fish soon as i felt the \"thump thump\"..the battle went for about 7-8 minutes and the fish knew where the reef was...now my dad doesnt swear but he sure did when he was over the side and saw this cod thrashing about...another run and it was heading for the exposed reef again:pinch: .....trying not to panic about now:P ...but dad managed to nab him for me!...my pb cod...stoked..trembling cheering you name it...it was awesome.....so after me telling the rest of the crew how lucky i was to get that fish with 6lb braid with 6lb mono leader and a bream hook for the next half hour things slowed right down again with only undersize sweetlip, cod and bream coming in at a steady rate...until...yes i was on again to a beast!...dad spirt was broken by now as he had no keepers yet!( thats rare:lol: ) anither good stuggle and i landed the biggest bream i have ever caught..(landed this one on my own due to dad not willing to help me in his defeat:P ).....totally stoked with 2 big breambos and a cod that gave me the shakes.....stoked:)

1st pic- first legal fish of the night..not a bad start [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/eee.JPG

post-180-144598415747_thumb.jpg

Archived