Bought a New Fish Smoker

I Have been reading the old posts on fish smoking, but i would like to know what are the best types of fish to smoke out of the following....Flathead,Bream,Trev,snapper,bass,

This unit has 3 dishes im wondering do i fill all 3 dishes to the top ? how full do you fill them and do you realy need 3 dishes burning. I have read the manual and its not very clear on how to smoke fish. How do you know when the fish is cooked in the smoker and how long to leave it there for ?

Also the wood chips i brought Mesquite @ Mallee.... whats better for smoking ? what's the difference ?

Last of all what is a tasty Brine to use for my first time smoking..I was told dry the flesh, then rub honey and brown sugar into the flesh sit for 1 hr then smoke. ?

post-8912-144598608755_thumb.jpg

Kaf is on the money with that limited choice,fish with a higher oil/fat content smoke better,the other type of species after brine cure and smoking would come out extremely dry

Edit... I`m sure rayke has put up a thread in the last year or so that answers all the questions asked

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question, with my smoker one of the Kipper range, when i smoke my fish, i either smoke it so it taste great, but problem is that its not fully cooked, or i end up smoking it untill fully cooked and taste like crap, does anyone know of a way around this to get it just perfect.

Yer Im pretty adicted to smoking fish and all sorts, now but just need to get it right

Yo Rob do you have any pictures of your smoker, would like to see it if possible :)

Cheers

Darren

• 1 month later...

Archived