Beating the cold

Gazza

Apart from gearing up to look like the michlen man for a over nite fish in winter

try get a wet suit add a pair of hard sole booties

lauching your boat will be no probs rain wind :P

hoods are great too

I must admitt they are pain to get on and off :pinch:

but there is a plus if you go overboard you float like a cork and stay warm B)

Gaz

I use the booties you mention for launching but then I change to ug boots once I get my feet dry.

I also use 2 pairs of trackie dackies because they are easy when needing a pee! Then I add a bonds singlet, fleecy shirt, fleecy jumper, all weather (-5) snow jacket with hood and a beany and gloves.

It' sa bit hard to move but I am as warm as fresh toast. :P

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

i find a beanie makes alot of difference tho!

Hey bro! I'm at uni TRYING to study man. Couldn't help but check out AFO.

Hell yeah, it's cold as hell in the early morn. You guys should try castnetting topless. Pretty exciting stuff I must say. But that was land-based. I'm pretty sure that it'd be almost impossible to stay topless for more than 5secs out in the ocean!

I've read that exposing yourself to the cold regularly helps improve blood circulation and endurance. Provided you do not die from hypothermia or freeze to death first! :P

Feral wrote:

Well Viperon, when you take the girlfriend along I might be interested!

But seriously why not just wear a rain coat when cast netting?

No problemo Feral. Now all i need to do is find a new girl... hmm..

Well why not rain coat? Erm.. prob coz I dun have it, dun intend to buy it, and even if i do, i prob won't wear it! :P Unless it's a damn cool funky looking one that's NOT like your regular boring yellow coats!

viperon1982 wrote:

kiara_poltegerist wrote:
i find a beanie makes alot of difference tho!

I've read that exposing yourself to the cold regularly helps improve blood circulation and endurance. Provided you do not die from hypothermia or freeze to death first! :P

banging your head against a wall makes your skull tougher......same principal lol

both will make u stronger but do you really want to go through all the suffering ???

Guys,

Want to be let in on a massive secret about keeping warm when its cold outside (and believe me, I have done traffic control in -6 degrees C.)

Its self heating coffees!! Avaliable from good Coles and some Woolies (the new Coles at Riverlink has them) They are like a double ended can. Shake them up, pull the bottom off, push the plastic dome to release water to mix with some chemical, shake it up, wait 8 minutes, pull the ring pull at the top and drink away. Not a huge fan of the the double expresso, but the mocha rocks!

They are now permanently in my kit bag and boat!

Archived