Tingalpa creek at night? Best spots

new2kayaks

• 4 weeks later...
Definately serious, many a yak has been knocked by the curious bullys in the area. Always makes me wonder why dogs don't get eaten as well swimming on the beach at the front of Lota, have seen sharks only 100m off the beach near the beacon.

whats the best time of year to catch them down that way?

Definately serious, many a yak has been knocked by the curious bullys in the area. Always makes me wonder why dogs don't get eaten as well swimming on the beach at the front of Lota, have seen sharks only 100m off the beach near the beacon.

whats the best time of year to catch them down that way?

Summer goes best for sharks

Definitely get bullies in there, seen em myself though i dunno, maybe a bit cold at this time of year? I just know they do go in there. I've got some big bream in that system, look for the tight bends, there's usually a big dropoff there.

At the entrance at low tide you can pump yabbies from the sandbanks and get hammered by whiting. Near the bridge there is millions of fallen trees and snags. If you're after flathead, go up from the bridge towards the entrance and cast onto the shallow flats at low tide bringing it across to the deeper water. The inlets are easier to target at low or running out tide, and don't be afraid to throw a lure in a foot of water. Just because it's shallow doesn't mean there's no fish there.

Best of luck.

Dave

Hi lee there are heaps of spots to try. If you put in at the chadwell st kayak ramp you can go up or down stream. If you go up stream on the 3rd corner there is a big hole great for live baiting cod,bream,flathead ect I like to fish down stream, the first corner on the right hand side has a good drop off well worth an anchor up and drop some baits, from there head towards the moored boats you will find 2-3 holes close to the pontoons I normally find heaps of prawns there so fish the holes with baits or plastic. If you put in at richetts rd bridge you can go up stream to the first bend and there is the biggest hole in the river this is where Tugger has suggested great for Jew cod flathead. Heading down from the bridge there is a big rock bar and hole it's on the bend on the left from the bridge again live bait. From there it's the rail bridge and channels and moored boats. I'd make sure you have some good light to let the boats know where you are and yes there are bullies in the river but I don't think they like plastic anyway. Good luck I'd put in at chadwell st if it's was me some great fishing up that end

Cheer

The hog

Archived