Manly session!

kiara_poltegerist

was down at Manly yesterday arvo with Do$stylz, his bro and 2 other mates.

One of the best sessions I've had here soo far, one of the most enjoyable in terms of company, atmosphere and surroundings. Strolling down along the creek, the wind at my back, tossing lures and just enjoying fishing. cool stuff. loved the evening scene tho - when the part where the horizon met the sea became pink at sundown. beautiful, probably the most satisfying trip i've had in Australia. Thanks Do$!

anyway, 'nuff said before i start getting emotional about it lol. not too many pictures guys, soo sorry, too busy taking it all in!

we hit up the creek at about 3.30 in the afternoon, rigged up our leaders and lures and started casting away. My first cast to get the line loosened up had an unexpected hit, didnt feel too big, but was rather surprising to get it tho - 1st cast, with a bass lure in saltwater too.. lol. anyway, was surprised to see a whiting firmly hooked with the rear treble of the Megabass MR-X Griffon in it's mouth. aggressive bugger. C & R after the mugshots. Mr.Do$ was as stumped as i was lol. we had to put him on a HB caught fish - hadnt managed to get one on HB yet. Never fear, there's always a first time i said! :D. wahaha

Moved on after that, next fish was a tailor- pretty small bugger, 20cm or so? but yea, good stuff, managed to unhook himself and flop about in the mud enough to put me off, so back in the drink he went.

Do$tylz changed lure to a 50mm Halco Laser Pro, and managed to get his first HB caught fish - a nice Pike! Good stuff mate! Congrats :D. hehe, finally broke the duck!

moved on abit after that, then changed to a Nories Foam Crankbait to look around for a big flattie. Not much luck there, and we didnt go down much further as it was getting dark. Turned back and headed up back to his bro mates. They got some pretty decent whiting on yabbies, bream and a sandie too!

Do$ decided to try castnetting in the creek to see what he'd get. First cast- BAM, 4 HUGE mullet, 30+cm each. All kicking about in the net, 1 managing to tear it in the process. Aargh, not too good that. Consequent casts managed a whole load of small fish, winter whiting and another big mullet.

Rather cold and dark by then, so we called it a day and headed back up to the car.

My call on today? 9.5/10. best fishing I've had in Australia!

Note to all anglers - do wear shoes when walking the shallows there tho, one angler there managed to get a stonefish on SP, and was nice enough to ask us whether we were wearing shoes and give us a heads up. Prolly'd be extremely nasty stepping on one of those buggers!

Post edited by: kiara_poltegerist, at: 2007/06/17 01:22

whitihg quite often go crazy on lures especially if it has a bit of red in the gill area. i've sat and fooled around with schools of them in clear water chasing and bashing a white and blue halco combat with red gill markings, they would mill around the stationary lure then as soon as i twiched it they'd all attack it

jimmybob wrote:

nice report kiaria....how long ya got left in australia?....go do$yles on ya first hb caught fish...whiting on lures- some people taget them on poppers..belive it or not

I did try poppers, but didnt have too long as we had to go soon. would love to go back there to have another go soon tho!

haha, i'd love to stay longer, but my company is getting very busy back in kl with some new projects and stuff, and my boss is hollering for me to get back ASAP. see how things go, things might change in the next month or so. Brisbane is a very nice place to live in, reminds me of home, but to uproot myself and settle down and start from stratch again would be very difficult. $$ doesnt grow on trees unfortunately. but having said that, i'll definitely come back again in the future.

Anyone who comes over to KL will be brought out for a snakehead session tho! :D. whahaha.

kiara_poltegerist wrote:

jimmybob wrote:
nice report kiaria....how long ya got left in australia?....go do$yles on ya first hb caught fish...whiting on lures- some people taget them on poppers..belive it or not

I did try poppers, but didnt have too long as we had to go soon. would love to go back there to have another go soon tho!

haha, i'd love to stay longer, but my company is getting very busy back in kl with some new projects and stuff, and my boss is hollering for me to get back ASAP. see how things go, things might change in the next month or so. Brisbane is a very nice place to live in, reminds me of home, but to uproot myself and settle down and start from stratch again would be very difficult. $$ doesnt grow on trees unfortunately. but having said that, i'll definitely come back again in the future.

Anyone who comes over to KL will be brought out for a snakehead session tho! :D. whahaha.

you make sure you stay intouch with the afo crew when you head back home too adrian, your posts and comments have been a pleasure and a mine of good info. we don't want to lose you.

so me bieng a nob didnt see this post before posting my own report...sorry guys.

But hey very glad you enjoyed that fishing session. Will do it again soon i reckon. Cheers for the cheers Jimmy...was stoked to have got the first on a HB....but a bit of a let down that it was a pike...beggers can't be choosers.

hehe, no worries man. yea, been using the pots quite alot, getting alot of muddies in them :D. but alot of em are jennies, so yea, but no worries, still getting a feed :D. gotta get em out again this week tho :D. do you reckon if we set the traps in the middle of the channel we'd get some sandies?

hehe, abt the rod, the tip was broken, so i've stripped that guide and sanded the blank. went out to get a rod tip and epoxy to do it up, it's gonna go to a mate. thx alot tho!

Post edited by: kiara_poltegerist, at: 2007/06/18 16:03

• 2 weeks later...

Archived