n/pine dam 22/07

Ash

anything that is heavy and sinks from recent posts.

I've fished there a couple of times for nothing, so cant give you any first hand experience, but jackalls, G vibes (I'd recommend the deep versions), heavy plastics and slugs have all been reported as catching fish recently.

faulked: Any old spin rod with a half decent drag will do fine and a main line class of somewhere between 6 and 12lb. Braid is a better option as you can feel more, set hooks quicker and get more out of the fight as it doesn't stretch like mono. If you're going to use braid don't for get a 8-14lb leader of about a rod length for a bit of stealth.

As for baitcast any main line class between 10 and 16lb is good. Again, braid is better with a leader of 10-20lb.

Bass are one of those species that will literally eat just about any type of lure. Per lure, Soft plastics are probably the cheapest option. Anything from 2-4inch is the best size to go with. Also curly tail grubs like Bass Assassins and Berkley Tournament Grubs and paddle tailed baits like Ecogear Grass Minnows and Squidgy Fish are probably better lures to get then actionless ones. The best jighead size for them when fishing landbased at North Pine is something between 1/6oz and 1/2oz. Also it doesn't hurt to use TT Rev Heads, they are like a jigheads with a colorado or willow leaf blade attached the same way as a Spinnerbait. A packet of plastics and jigheads will cost no more then $20.

Slugs are also a good option, just read the recent reports from there, they are smashing them. Anything between 10 and 30g are good.

Troy

I was out there early friday, and all I can say is rug up!!! Until about 630 I had to take a break after every cast to warm my hands. they were far too frozen to tie a knot on a new lure.

I recommend gloves and a beanie!

and good luck

Woody

Lozzel wrote:

Aaron/Brian; What time are you heading out in the mornin,and where are we gona meet.McGavins seems to be where the others will be.

Laurie

I'm picking Aaron up at 5am. As to where I got no idea but he has.:whistle:

You can call in th emorning on 0413 408 900 to confirm.

Archived