Winter Camp 2012 - Searing Tackle Raffle

Angus

post-63-144598793976_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598793972_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598793975_thumb.jpg

Rob Searing from Searing Tackle has put on a raffle this year with the prize consisting of a $350 hamper of Pontoon 21 and Damiki Lures.

Tickets will only be $2 each and open to members not attending the camp as well in order to raise as much money possible for two worthy causes from his homeland.

Proceeds will be going towards:

post-63-14459879398_thumb.jpg

The anti poaching organisation: http://www.iapf.org/en/

Umfurudzi Park (which are trying to raise funds to relocate starving animals from the South of Zimbabwe, which has a drought, to bring them to their park in the north.

Please Contact Rob Searing (Zim_Man) via PM to purchase a ticket.

Angus

thanks Angus for putting that up.

The two organisations i want to try and support this year do outstanding work with not a lot of funds and even less credit for what they do. For thIAPF their work is dangerous and against major criminal organisations, they are outgunned most of the time and need all the support we can give them.

here is a 60minutes thing on the IAPF

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKNXsj8hCTc

their website is here: www.iapf.org

The second place i would like to help out is called Umfurudzi park. I went there many years ago and it was an awe inspiring place. A real hidden gem despite the problems it faced at the time such as poaching of animals and illegal gold panning. however things have changed since then and more animals have been re introduced , training of wardens (some by IAPF) and joint partnerships with local communities have seen it flourish again. This place is steeped in history, there are old Portuguese forts from the 1500's when explorers were in search of gold and ivory. i tried to get to one of these forts but the sheer size of the hill and the time of day we chose made it impossible. I will do it one day though.

Anyway Umfurudzi need funds to help keep them going as well as to purchase more animals that are dying from a drought happening in the south of the country.

Staff training

post-2016-144598795091_thumb.jpg

view of part of the park

post-2016-144598795106_thumb.jpg

Buffalo relocation work being done.

post-2016-144598795111_thumb.jpg

here is their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Umfurudzi-Park/215611811838124 and their new website is http://www.umfurudzipark.co.zw

RAFFLE

the raffle is for a Pontoon 21 Damiki, Mendit, in fact everything brand that i sell will be a part of this raffle prize. the total RRP is $350. I have no real target as such but would love to be able to send 300 plus to each charity. last year we managed to send +/- $400 to IAPF and i received a letter from Damien (founder) thanking us for our generosity.

Tickets are $2 each and can be bought via pm to me or cash at winter camp. The draw will be done at winter camp, however it is open to everyone to enter not just the awesome crew going to Maroon. :)

I will put a pic of the prize up over the weekend.

thanks for all your support guys

cheers

rob

I'll grab my tickets at Wintercamp. I can't believe its been a year since the last time I helped fund an African Militia group :whistle:[/quoteOnly been a month or so for me, how long ago was KONY? :whistle:

Definitely a good cause, will have to get some tickets at winter camp for sure!

I'll grab my tickets at Wintercamp. I can't believe its been a year since the last time I helped fund an African Militia group :whistle:[/quoteOnly been a month or so for me, how long ago was KONY? :whistle:

Definitely a good cause, will have to get some tickets at winter camp for sure!

Are you coming to Wintercamp again?

post-1039-144598795334_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be buying plenty of tickets at wintercamp Rob......will you be bringing any gear for sale to wintercamp at all?

awesome, thanks for your support. There is a winter camp catalogue that Angus will be emailing to all attendees with specials on products, he should email it fairly soon

• 3 weeks later...

Archived