AFO Bass Social Fishing comp.

tomca

Should the bass social be postponed?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should the bass social be postponed?

• yes
    • no
    • other location

Hi folks,

I've added a poll to this asking if we should postpone the bass social that is scheduled for Sunday 29th of July. The link to the original date set by Angus: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/134-afo-social-fishing-comp-maroon-dam-bass?groupid=92

With the Wintercamp just gone, and the social at Maroon Dam as well, most found the going tough on lures. Bait was the way to catch fish, which is usual for the cooler months. Most people aren't ABT grade anglers and we want it to be fun for all and having it in the warmer months can level the playing field between the bait soakers and lure chuckers.

What I am proposing is to move the date to October or November, in between the socials that are in those months. I am thinking 14th October or 11th of November.

It would give folks a good chance at nailing a bass on a lure and more exciting, surface strikes. And for the likes of Manni a chance to give the new fly rod a good work out.

Please feel free to vote, or comment and we can work towards a great day.

Unless there is a flurry of votes, it looks like the bass social might have a move to the warmer months.

Viper, it's a half day social, but nothing stops you making a weekend of it.

Others, nothing stopping us having another borumba wanderers weekend, someone needs to get the ball rolling as the weather warms up.

I would be keen as too! Borumba would get my vote too, its just such a magical spot and not that far from Brisbane. Hopefully I will have my Pro Angler 12 by then so I will have a spare Hobie for someone to use.

Maroon is pretty good too and closer to my side of town....either way I am in! :P

Have they padded the Borumba ramp yet ? (Just in case Ted comes)

Don't want to blow my own trumpet too much but with all 4 wheels spinning in 4wd low range I think I did well to get HMS chuck-a-lot out!!

sounds like you need decent tyres, better clutch control and more tourqe, hope you didn't chew the ramp up too much

can anyone tell me where we are having the social this month im happy with either of the options . havn't been able to work out from the disscusions where it's happening thanks ezy

i'm assuming maroon still?

Archived