2012 Moreton Bay Classic - Social

Angus

post-63-144598845735_thumb.jpg

Hey guys...

Ok I wanted to get some feedback on having a social for the MBC...

Its really hard to organize this sort of thing during an event as:

a: People are coming from all over.

b: I do not want to cut into the fishing time.

So with those points in mind I am looking for some feedback on this idea...

Maybe a Saturday afternoon Steak & Beer at a nominated pub. I would be thinking maybe a Pub on Manly or Cleveland?

This way people can get a full mornings fishing in and be back on the water for an evening fish. Also people attending the Flathead social the next day wont be inconvenienced by a late night...

Thoughts?

We could always do a post event beer and steak. However I am usually pretty shattered after a couple of days of hard fishing so while it sounds like an awesome idea this far out... I wonder if it would actually be a success or not?

Angus

Little ships would be good. But not if one is land based, or even kayak based.

Cleveland and The Pin are standing out to me.

After the service the Jacobs Well pub gave us I would not mind sending them some business... Just not the Caravan Park :P

Angus

Ok I am giving this an official bump....

There has not been a lot of input so ill leave it till tomorrow and either just leave it be or organise something based on the limited feed back.

* I am heavily leaning towards the BYO Food and Drinks style BBQ somewhere as it removes any pressure to get cleaned up or anything.

* Obviously near a boat ramp so people can come straight in from the comp.

* Saturday arvo to leave the morning, dusk and nights open to fishing and not interfere with the Flathead social.

* There is a big event on at Manly so probably Fishos Island, Cleveland or Wello.

Ok I am giving this an official bump....

There has not been a lot of input so ill leave it till tomorrow and either just leave it be or organise something based on the limited feed back.

* I am heavily leaning towards the BYO Food and Drinks style BBQ somewhere as it removes any pressure to get cleaned up or anything.

* Obviously near a boat ramp so people can come straight in from the comp.

* Saturday arvo to leave the morning, dusk and nights open to fishing and not interfere with the Flathead social.

* There is a big event on at Manly so probably Fishos Island, Cleveland or Wello.

sounds good to me, will prob hit fisho's for flatties anyway but cleveland or wello are fine too. ezy

Archived