Bass Social 27 to 28 October

tomca

Hi folks,

As promised the Bass Social hasn’t been forgotten.

Date: from noon Saturday 27th October through to noon Sunday 28th October.

Location: Sunday Noon for sausage sizzle at Maroon Dam at the day use area nearest the dam wall. That is the first left off Maroon Dam Rd as you head towards the ramp if you drive, or look for the AFO banner to the left of the wall if you are coming from the water.

As a social get-together the emphasis will be on fun. There will be a $10 donation. This will cover your sausage sizzle and soft drinks at the Sunday “weigh in†and a percentage of competitors donation will be put back into prize money for the three longest bass caught. Another prize will be given to the most impressive wild card species caught. If you bring your kids along they will automatically be given a competitor number as well.

Live shrimp can be purchased also at extra cost.

There is a public ramp at the end of Maroon Dam road and each camp ground has its own ramp too, but these are gravel. Because Maroon is such a great bass fishery and many haven’t caught a bass, I encourage everyone to come along. The surface bite at this dam can be sensational in the warmer weather and with that in mind, there is the option to come out on the Saturday and take advantage of the evening surface action and stay the night.

Wives and children are encouraged to come along. They will catch a fish or two, even if you know zero about bass fishing, someone will give you some tips and advice.

There are three camping options at the dam and a few of us will be camping at Camp Lakefire. http://www.camplakefire.com.au/

A few spare kayaks will be available for land lubbers to borrow, and there is also the option to hire one of the boats or canoes from Camp Lakefire. Rates can be found on their website, and you need to make your own bookings for those as well as camping if you plan on making a weekend of it.

If you decide to come and have a spare spot in your boat, post that you need a deckie and give a land based guy a go.

At this stage we are organising some random draw prizes and as they are confirmed I will update this post.

In the warmer weather the lure chuckers are on a level playing field with the shrimp soakers and plenty of fish are stocked in there so it’s more like catching than fishing. (I’m sure that last statement will come back and bite me)

Now for the yucky part: money.

As it is only $10 and the site gives so much to us, I think this donation is very reasonable. To avoid any wastage by the gunna crowd that don’t turn up, the Donation is to be made beforehand and then you just turn up on the day. If you want to turn up and pay on the day, that’s fine too, but for catering purposes, you may not be guaranteed a feed, but still go into the random draws and biggest bass prizes.

As it isn’t a AFO event the deposits are to be paid to my personal account:

Thomas P Laszlo

WBC Annerley

BSB 734 033

Account 597 184

And when depositing PM me the reference number. Some banks allow numbers only, so just your birthdate will do. I will post up on this thread who has paid and if there is a mistake, give me a kick in the pants, as we want to keep everything above board and transparent.

And be mindful that the prize money on offer goes up with each competitor that comes along.

Rules.

On Friday you will be emailed a competitor number, this will be a random number and must be in the measure photo. Even just writing it on your palm will do (so bring a pen if that’s what you want to do). If you turn up on the day Shortie can be contacted by phone for payment and issue of a competitor number.

Fish on the measure must have their mouth closed and the measurement will be to the fork. If the mat is too wrinkled and there is a close call, the fish on the flatter mat will get benefit of the doubt.

Wildcard species will be decided as a group, with the concept that a 25cm spangled perch is more impressive than a 40cm tandanus, but extra consideration given to anyone eradicating carp below the wall.

Boundaries will be upstream of the dam as far as you can drag a yak and as far downstream as the other side of the wall as far as the Boonah-Rathdowney Rd.

Preferably you will use a camera with a removable memory card, but if you use a phone for your entry, make sure we can see the whole fish and can adequately zoom in to see the measurement.

And because the world is full of butthurt these days, I need to include a disclaimer:

WARNING: Kayaking, boating and fishing are DANGEROUS ACTIVIES, and present a number of inherent risks.

Participation in any part of this Social Day is entirely at your own risk. Neither the organising member(s), nor the administration team of the AFO, can accept any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or death arising from this gathering.

It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure that they paddle/boat and fish within their ability, and not to put themselves in harm’s way.

Even where safety suggestions are offered, it is up to the individual to ensure that precautions appropriate to your circumstances are undertaken, and that all legal requirements are followed.

If you do not agree to these guidelines, please do not attend this gathering organised in this thread.

Attendee's: As money comes through I will change the colour of the attendees

Shortie

tomca

CrazyTed

JarrydA

Max_pwr (3)

JNewy

Raechel

Zimgiant +2

Mottly Crew

51MPL

Ant

Viper83

Jeff f

WayneD donation, not attending

Gloomy Samurai and Christine

Ezy

Aussie123

BigBen

Kenz84

Angus

Big fella 13

Jeremy

T Fisher donation, not attending

Tina

Eug

Muzz

Rhet

PlasticFantastic

Sweresy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So with the numbers being emailed through Friday that means we can fish from sparrows Saturday morning? Put me down Tom, I will pay the fee but don't know whether I will stay for the Sunday.

In saying that please PM me your email addresses and usernames.

Slternativelly you can send me an email

richardallt1@bigpond.com

So with the numbers being emailed through Friday that means we can fish from sparrows Saturday morning? Put me down Tom, I will pay the fee but don't know whether I will stay for the Sunday.

you will stay for the Sunday and bring your truly beloved along to wet a line too :kiss:

Keen for this but have a charter that got canned and has been rebooked for that Sunday, will see what I can work out as I'd prefer to do this.

Cheers

Mark

We have structured it so there is no disadvantage if you can only fish the Saturday. Just get your big bass entry to Shortie before you leave and if you win on Sunday, I can pocket your prizes :whistle:

In saying that please PM me your email addresses and usernames.

Slternativelly you can send me an email

richardallt1@bigpond.com

can we organise to get them out at the dam im thinking of staying out there from friday and they have realy bad phone reception

i beleive that i am there, am waiting to hear from a couple of mates who may also come along

Stop pretending you have mates :silly:

:lol: Jono read my mind.

[attachment=55986]forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.jpg[/attachment]

Chin up Rob. I saw Jords today and he might be half a chance of attending, so there might be a snoodlee for your snoodling :sick:

Hi All

Thanks for the pm Tom.

Christine and I are coming (cheques in the mail :unsure: ).

All of the dorm type accommodation is booked out at Camp Lakefire on the weekend, but Christine and I have booked the self contained unit. Holds up to 6 so happy to share with anyone at cost of $25 per head per night (it is costing us $150 a night so that is fare). Just let us know if you are interested.

Both looking forward to it,

Andrew

Archived