Borumba Dam Camping 9/10/11th of November

crazywalrus

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys and Girls

I have had to book the Deer Park as the Dam Camping did not have any powered sites available. It will not make much of a difference in accessing the Dam. Just a couple more minutes. It also makes the weekend available to people who do not camp as they have cabins as well.

I have booked sites 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the sports ground for some in on Friday, some on Saturday and out on Sunday and Monday. They can be powered as well. These are very large sites and can easily serve 3 tents each. You will need to fix the campsite up directly - any questions Phone: (07) 5484 5196 Fax: (07) 5488 6810 email: info@borumbadeerpark.com http://www.borumbadeerpark.com/index.html

post-7418-144598873201_thumb.gif

Looking forward to this.

post-7418-144598873201_thumb.gif

Looks like I'll be staying Saturday night now B) Are they putting the afo group all in the one spot Ted and are there powered and unpowered sites available there?

We are all piling onto those 4 sites Ant.

All AFOer's together if possible as it is a social weekend so we may as well all be together.

They must be unpowered but we are running some long leads across to the power box so we can charge our batteries and have power in the camp for lights,ect

Looks like I'll be staying Saturday night now B) Are they putting the afo group all in the one spot Ted and are there powered and unpowered sites available there?

All AFOer's together if possible as it is a social weekend so we may as well all be together.

They must be unpowered but we are running some long leads across to the power box so we can charge our batteries and have power in the camp for lights,ect

Awesome, well I'll call the campsite late this week and fix them up.

you can camp there ant - I booked the 4 sites but they are huge, will accommodate a lot of tents. You can book and camp elsewhere if you do not feel comfortable camping with the rest of us. :whistle:

Booty - There are fire rings there so fires are allowed.

Awesome, well I'll call the campsite late this week and fix them up.

No need to call them - just fix them up when you are up there.

CABINS

Deluxe

- $85 for first 2 persons per night.

- Extra adult $12 per night

- Extra Child $7 per night

Budget

- $70 for first 2 persons per night

ON SITE VANS

- $50 for first 2 persons per night

POWERED SITES

- $30 for first 2 persons per night

- $12 per additional adult per night

- $7 per child per night

CAMPING

- $12 per adult per night

- $7 per child per night

- $9 per student

Children 2 - 15 yrs Students 16 -17 Adults 18 & over

We had a fly only comp up there a few weeks ago and it was very tough fishing. They only came on after the sun came up for about 30mins and another blast around 11am. Lots of fish cruising up in the very skinny water and ultra spooky or completely ignoring offerings. Most fish were taken down deep ~6ft just off the weed banks.

Having said that one of our team was there a week earlier and it was Toga mayhem. Good luck either way guys.

Norm

I'm still in for this and will be there late Friday, not sure on how much fishing will be on the dam as it can bit a bit of a hike to the good Toga spots in the yak but will hit yabba creek and the Mary river.

Cheers

Mark

Mate someone might be able to give you a lift up there. I think we be mostly just chilling out, little bit of fishing so might be able to get away and drop you up a few k's

you can camp there ant - I booked the 4 sites but they are huge, will accommodate a lot of tents. You can book and camp elsewhere if you do not feel comfortable camping with the rest of us. :whistle:

Booty - There are fire rings there so fires are allowed.

I'll be there mate :S

I have some lures here from Rob at Searing Tackle that should work a treat on the Toga.

If anyone wants any get in quick as they are very few left.

I can bring these up with me if anyone wants any.

Please let me know asap so I can put them aside for you.

These will cost $10 ea with free shipping if you buy 2 or more otherwise shipping will be $6 per order on a single lure purchase.

RRP is $18.99 so grab yourself a bargain but stock numbers are very limited.

5 x Payo Black Swan 86mm Green Back AYU

12 x Payo Black Swan 86mm Ice Shad

8 x Payo Black Swan 110mm Ice Shad

Weighing in at 6.7grams, the 86mm Black Swan is a bent minnow style surface to subsurface lure that has a crazy action that drives fish wild. Put together with our low price makes this a must have lure.

Green Back AYU

[attachment=57257]payo1.jpg[/attachment]

Ice Shad

[attachment=57258]iceshad.jpg[/attachment]

Is there still room on this trip? I'd love to come. I'm busy Saturday but can be there on Sat night for a few beers and a fish on Sunday. The family can't make it but that'll mean I just need a piece of grass to camp on.

So can I just rock up to the Deer Park on Sat night unannounced, or do I need to book ahead?

Hope there'll be some Toga left for me after you guys get stuck into them on Saturday!!

It'll be good to actually meet all you boys, I've only met a couple of AFO'ers by accident :)

-Steve.

Is there still room on this trip? I'd love to come. I'm busy Saturday but can be there on Sat night for a few beers and a fish on Sunday. The family can't make it but that'll mean I just need a piece of grass to camp on.

So can I just rock up to the Deer Park on Sat night unannounced, or do I need to book ahead?

Hope there'll be some Toga left for me after you guys get stuck into them on Saturday!!

It'll be good to actually meet all you boys, I've only met a couple of AFO'ers by accident :)

-Steve.

Just rock up - there will be room. Will be good to catch up. I met you briefly at NPD when I was duty officer. I will put a map up as to how to actually get into the sites we are camping on later.

I can't wait for this. We had a relaxing time at Maroon and I'm looking to replicate the experience. We've both got Friday and Monday off and have just bought some new camping gear so bring it on.

Are you staying until Monday Baden,we are.

Probably get away Monday just after lunch to beat the peak hour traffic back home

Archived