Fresh or Salt Fisherman ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Fresh or Salt Fisherman ?

• Salt - Offshore
    • Salt - Inshore
    • Fresh - Impoundments
    • Fresh - Other

Cant believed this is even a question.

Theres no fishing like offshore fishing.

thats tru shane but its also hard to beat fishing a crystal clear river miles away from anyone and haveing to make the choice of another cast at the big rainbow trout or take the rifle of your back and shoot the stag thats crossing the river 100m upstream from you :) either way gotta love doing both

thats tru shane but its also hard to beat fishing a crystal clear river miles away from anyone and haveing to make the choice of another cast at the big rainbow trout or take the rifle of your back and shoot the stag thats crossing the river 100m upstream from you :) either way gotta love doing both

Bugger the Trout, putting a slug in the Stags head would be heaps more fun ;)

cheers tim :)

I love inshore salt.

While offshore salt arguably has bigger highs... It most certainly has bigger lows as well. Coming back from a 1am wake up at 4pm after a rough, tough, fishless day is so ultimetly disheartening (to me). It won't stop me trying again though :)

By reducing gear size and line class there is just so much damn fun to be had in the inshore salt with a still massive array of fish to be caught.

So I voted for inshore salt. But truth be told Ill take what is on offer. My best session of 2012 was skinny water fresh so go figure!

Angus

Salt in shore for me but would be off shore more if i had a bigger boat.

As fun as it is catching bread and butter species in the rivers and bay it's pretty addictive going off shore when you have Marlin, Dollies, Wahoo, Tuna, MAckerel, GT's (if you know what you are doing) and more on your own doorstep

Yeah bobbing up and down, throwing lures at... wait, nothing, absolutely nothing to see from horizon to horizon.....

Nah give me tossing lures at structure any day.

Whats the fun in throwing little lures at structure for little bream and bass lol

Offshore fishing can have its days but you never know what you going to catch.

Its an addiction to me and whoever loves it. Knowing theres fish out there that can rip of 80-100lb line of a reel like its nothing.

Bread and butter species barely pull any line.

Dont get me wrong i still do river n bay fishing but its just not the same as going offshore.

Just the adrealine rush you get is insane. You will never get that fish a little lake or dam lol.

Shane

I think you missed the "All Of The Above" option. :P

Nah, it's for the primary type you do.

It's not a "What's your favourite ?" poll.

If you can't decide think back to the last 5 times and select the majority. :P

Theres still anglers that will fish offshore one day, impoundments or rivers the next :P

Salt in shore for me but would be off shore more if i had a bigger boat.

As fun as it is catching bread and butter species in the rivers and bay it's pretty addictive going off shore when you have Marlin, Dollies, Wahoo, Tuna, MAckerel, GT's (if you know what you are doing) and more on your own doorstep

+1 for me on this thought,

My vote obviously went for the salt inshore, I know its not a popularity poll but I also don't mind wadding out in the surf with the 13ft surf rod and alvey reel (finding the gutters) chasing Tailor & dart

Like everyone, I love it all. Very little freshwater experienece, but going to BPD with Brian and Ray was magic and opened my eyes to bass fishing and why it could be addictive. I love doing a couple of offshore charters each year, but when you have the sort of trip Angus was talking about earlier (and we have all had them), I can't help thinking that I might have been better off in the tinny down at the port or around Peel or Mud.

No matter where I fish, I think the best part is the anticipation - never knowing exactly what you are going to get and not really carting anyway. The whole experience is great - getting the boat ready, buying ship loads of stuff you won't use, having a game plan that you never stick to, and then coming home to clean the boat and explain to the significant other why we are not having fish or crabs for dinner (again). Do it while you can, there is nothing like it!

I like dragging my yak through rapids and fishing a remote freshwater creek somewhere chasing bass or cod. Give me that anyday over buying a boat, storing it, towing it, ramp rage, rules and regs and ongoing service, fuel and rego costs.

But if someone has a decky spot and I can make it then I love heading out into the big blue :whistle:

Archived