Saved by the Bass at NP 30/9

Brian D

Yeap I wnet all primed for my 1st LB Yellow from NP. Picked up the must have 3/4 Purple spinner and a few other lures.

P9290005AFO.jpg

Got there on dawn, headed West South West from Forgans with rods in hand and tackle bag on back. Got about 1/2km down the path, turned around and went back to the car. I forgot my reels didn't I. :blush: On the way back I was thinking about Ray and how he used stones for sinkers and trying to figure out \"how would Ray get out of this one\", \"maybe shread and wieve some reeds from the banks.\" Nar go back to the car and get your reels I thought to myself.

OK So headed back to the dam again, tied on my beautiful new 3/4 spinner and heaved it as far as I could - gess it went a long way, expecially when the birds nest on the bait caster gripped and whiplashed the bugger to the other side of the dam. Not even a fish before I lost it. :ohmy:

Spent until 8am searching but landed nothing, so I headed back to Forgans where I took a north bound turn just before the carpark and walked the opposite bank. Found a nice deep hole and pulled out a couple of nice bass.

P9300013AFO.jpg

I'll be heading straight there in the future, my new favourite spot.

P9300015AFO.jpg

Thanks guys and no Aaron, I met a cople of fishos but no jerks. One guy used wadders to waddle out to get lighter lures past the drop off (sth west Forgans)but he didn't do any good.

I am so proud of myself for something you guys missed - I went fishing with only 1 tackle tray. That's never been done before in my world. I had everything I needed in one tray, it was pretty full but still 1 tray. I'm a new man. :)

Brian D wrote:

Thanks guys and no Aaron, I met a cople of fishos but no jerks. One guy used wadders to waddle out to get lighter lures past the drop off (sth west Forgans)but he didn't do any good.

I am so proud of myself for something you guys missed - I went fishing with only 1 tackle tray. That's never been done before in my world. I had everything I needed in one tray, it was pretty full but still 1 tray. I'm a new man. :)

One tray:S I give it a week at the most Brian:laugh:

Archived