2014 Summer Classic

Angus

Welcome aboard as a sponsor Smithy's Lures.

Brad Smith is a guide on the Goldy who has developed his own lures for his style of fishing. The proof is the pudding with these lures resulting in many of the captures made on his charters!

post-63-144599027926_thumb.jpg

Brad has offered up 4 lures packs for lucky door prizes!

Cheers mate!

Angus

Still no joy getting the ok from SWMBO to go for the whole comp, but I have paid, I figure worst case I can nip up for a couple of day trips.

Same deal as the other blokes who payed by paypal, error on return to AFO site, but I've got my confirmation email from paypal saying it is paid, so all good.

Just a query re registration.

Previously for events/comps I paid entry fees by direct deposit, and with that system the registration/entry form (among other requested details) required a boat registration number and a confirmation of having insurance cover using the boat and an electronic signature agreeing to terms of event etc.

I have just picked up on the fact that these requirements were not on the form I filled in last week for entry and payment for this Summer Classic.

Have these couple of questions/answers ( on previous rego forms) been discarded now or have I missed the actual registration form to fill out.

I have received 2 emails: one a PayPal * BRISFISHING . receipt and one from AFO stating ‘Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed’.

I paid for 2 entries but not sure if it went through ok because I did it on my phone.

I didnt really have to fill out any entry form ? I just paid for it. Can you confirm it has come through.

Do you have a junior category?

Thanks

Mate I will need a name sorry cannot tell from username.

Heads up I am extending the early bird special until the 8:30pm on the 13th Feb :)

I am also making a list of registered competitors in another thread so everyone has some idea who to contact for camping etc.

Bare in mind numbers will most likely double at least with all the local boys who will register on the day.

It is looking good!

Not sure if it will be under

Carly Weddell

Or

Daniel moawad:

Do you have a Jnr category

Thanks

Mate all good. Daniel Moawad + 1 is registered :)

There is no Junior Category sorry. We have tried it in the past but have had such a poor sign up for it it just seemed a waste of prize allocation.

We figured keeping the price down and having stacks of sweet lucky door prizes makes it still worth while signing up the Juniors :)

Plus it is not like some of the whipper snappers are not gun fishermen around Noosa!

Sorry man the comp does not start until registrations open.

Angus

Oh well looks like I will just do a night sesh then :). Thanks for clearing it up

Consider that it was going to be a Friday-Sunday event but we squeezed in the Thursday night registration as it allows for an extra night fishing (which can be so valuable on the Noosa) and it fitted in with late night shopping.

Angus

gday to all afo'ers out there, the comp is looking good and am really looking forward to it.

angus: i have a $30 event movie card to donate to the comp prize pool, so i was thinking the junior with

the biggest flathead wins? otherwise use how you please, will drop off when i see you at registration. cheers ezy

post-2144-144599030257_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The river is fishing very well at the moment, Back of Noosa sound, the river mouth and along Gympie tce. The Bay is also fishing well for tuna and the odd Spaniard, best at first light for the Spaniards around the jew schoal, Tuna are best during gentle mens hours. I'll be fishing on the Saturday and kicking about giving away 10%r prizes to some of those that have a 10%r sticker on their boat (available at sign in), I wish I could get a little more time off to fish hard all weekend, Good luck to you all, it's anybody's game.

Archived