2014 Summer Classic

Angus

post-63-144599022303_thumb.jpg

The 2014 Summer Classic

The 4th annual Summer Classic fishing tournament run by Australian Fishing Online is taking place on Thursday the 6th March through till Sunday the 9th of March 2014.

TIME AND VENUE:

Event Headquarters (HQ) will be at Davo’s Compleat Angler Noosa (Shop 6, Noosa Homemaker Centre

Mary Street Noosaville Qld. 4566) The Event Headquarters is where you need to report to collect your unique item and recording sheet, weighing-in (submitting photo entries) and prize presentation. Registrations with open at 5:00pm Thursday the 6th of March or you can register online before the event.

FORMAT:

Each angler will be issued with a printout listing eligible target species. These species will be:

Barramundi

Whiting

Bream

Mackerel

Golden Trevally

Giant Trevally

Cale Cale

Flathead

Mangrove Jack

Grunter Bream

Australian Bass

Tarpon

Estuary Cod

Tailor

Big Eye Trevally

Jewfish

Threadfin Salmon

Tuna

Each angler should attempt to catch as many of these target species as possible as the winners will be those with the longest overall length of every combined capture (one entry per species). Each entry must be photographed on a measuring device with clearly discernible increments. Each photo must include the anglers unique angler number.

A leader board will be devised and only competitors directly in the running for a placing will have their photo’s checked.

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

The entry fee for this event is $20 if paid before the 10th of February. Entries after this date will be $25. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All competitors will be able to sign-in online before the event and will and can pick up their unique angler item and species recording sheet from the HQ during Davos business hours. Submissions may be made from 8:00am on the 9th of March. The BBQ and Prize Presentation will commence at 12 midday on Sunday the 9th of March. All entries must be made by this time. Ensure you keep your unique angler number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

BOUNDARIES:

The boundaries for the competition include the Noosa River system and its tributaries and Laguna Bay.

PRIZES:

There will be alot of prizes on offer for all categories as well as some fantastic fishing gear, tackle and accessories. At this stage we are still finalising the fishing gear prizes which we hope to have finalised soon.

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

1. Nordic Stage Favorite (RRP $188)

2. Selection Of SEQ Fishing Adventures DVD’s & Buffs

3. Bestway Hydroforce Inflatable Fishing Craft (RRP $350)

4. 5 x Sun2Sea/Fish Culture Packages (Consisting of 1 shirt and 1 head sock)

5. 1 x Hervey Bay Fly & Sportsfishing Charter with Andrew Chorley (RRP: $600 min)

6. Spotters Prizes (3 x Sunglasses to be given away on the water & 3 x In store) (RRP: $1000+)

7. River 2 Sea Prize Packs

8. ATC BC Fishing Rod

9. 10%r Clothing Packs

10. 3 x Smithy's Lure Packs

LUCKY FISH PRIZE:

This award will be given to the longest specimen of a randomly drawn fish: ATC Hardstick Baitcast Rod 6.4 Foot 4KG

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1st Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki Prize Pack (RRP $100) & Nordic Stage Favorite ($188) & Davo’s Compleat Angler Voucher (RRP: $300) & 10%r Clothing package.

2nd Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki Prize Pack (RRP $75) & Nordic Stage Favorite ($188) & Davo’s Compleat Angler Voucher (RRP: $150 )

3rd Place Summer Classic Champion: Damiki Prize Pack (RRP $50)& Nordic Stage Favorite ($188) & Davo’s Compleat Angler Voucher (RRP: $50)

TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION:

Will be active ASAP.

Sponsors:

post-63-144599022309_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599022312_thumb.jpg

post-63-14459902233_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599022319_thumb.png

post-63-144599022326_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599022354_thumb.jpg

post-63-14459902236_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599022363_thumb.png

post-63-144599023331_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599024036_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599024393_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599027932_thumb.jpg

This would be a true test of how good my wife is, our second child is due on the 10th of March... Do I even ask???

Andrew

Mate, I'm as keen as the next bloke to take a kid fishing, but there is no way you can bet on the baby coming a week early! And even if he does, he wont be able to hold a rod yet!

:P

Sweet guys. Hold up before booking.

Peter from Davos has indicated he may be able to secure the scout camp grounds for anyone wanting to camp. This could be a good alternative to trying to cram into the other one. I'll keep you posted. He is also negotiating some discounts at various eateries for those in the comp.

This would be a true test of how good my wife is, our second child is due on the 10th of March... Do I even ask???

Andrew

Yep, you only live once :lol: I had origin tickets for the 2nd Lang Park match, the year they began the 3 match series, my eldest was born on the 3rd, game was the 8th. Soooo happy he was in a hurry and came early :P

Qld won that match 11- 7 and won the first 3 game series :woohoo:

I would be interested in camping at the scout campgrounds,dependant on facilities.

If not, I will be camping at the Noosa Caravan Park.I camped here for the 2012 Summer Classic, it has: good clean amenities block, kiosk, pool, good camp kitchen:fridges, microwave,large hotwater urn,B-B-cues,multiple power points, prep benches, tables and bench seats.

Noosa Caravan Park

143 Moorindil Street | Tewantin. This is the street to North Shore Ferry

Web:www.noosacaravanpark.com.au

Email:info@noosacaravanpark.com.au

Bass is an interesting target species. I think if I were to enter I would be spending the time in the salt having a crack at a wider range of species, unless it comes to day 3 and in need of an entry :whistle:

I like the option though.

Will attend unless I make cricket finals.

It seems random if you do not know the system...

But in the Noosa upper reaches you can pull bass, jacks, bream, tarpon and trevs all out the same water so i thought I would include them.

Angus

However Ted if you nail a few lower river fish a cheeky 40cm could be all it takes as a kicker :)

Guys River 2 Sea are back on board again and I added their logo to the first post.

They will be doing the same thing as last year patrolling the whole comp looking for River 2 Sea stickers we will be handing out at registration and giving out lure packs!

Angus

We are happy to welcome aboard 10% to the line up of sponsors for the 2014 Summer Classic! This Noosa based brand is brand new and set to hit the scene with cool gear designed specifically for keen anglers...

You can like their Facebook here:
/>https://www.facebook.com/tenpercentr?ref=br_tf

post-63-144599024386_thumb.jpg

any word on the scout camp yet angus?

Mate I have sent Peter an email and will get back to you ASAP.

Otherwise we will take over Munna point hey? :)

Angus

Hey guys so camping at the Noosa Sea Scoutn grounds is $10 per night and can be booked via this email: bookings@noosaseascouts.com.au

Sorry I am not sure how this compares with the other camp site.

The obvious benefit of the other place is the fact it is on the water for those not wanting to take boats out so I reckon we leave it to a majority call or everyone does what they want!

Angus

info re sea scouts camp grounds
/>http://noosaseascouts.com.au/camp%20ground%20info.html

•36 bed bunkhouse: 1 x 20 bunks, 1 x 8 bunks, 2 x 4 bunks, fans, screened.

•Stainless steel kitchen with 2 x microwaves, large gas cooktop, toasters, 2 x 500L refrigerator, 1 x 200L freezer

•Dining room with servery window

•Outdoor kitchen sink with hot water

•The main den provides floor space for 24 mattresses. Refrigerator, freezer, toaster, jug, gas burner and BBQ available on request.

•Hot showers x 12

•A shower and toilet facility for the disabled

•Gas BBQs

•Camp fire circle suitable for camp cooking and sing-a-longs. (Bring your own fire wood)

•Camp ground is fully grassed and dotted with shady trees and surrounded by a low log barrier. A safe zone for kids to play.

•The grounds are fully fenced.

•There is an onsite Camp manager.

•TV, chalk board, white board, and projector screen is available in the den.

•Laundromat, shopping centre, post office, hospital, medical centres, video hire, McDonalds, Red Rooster, take aways, restaurants, clubs and service stations are all within a five minute drive.

•The local bus service runs close by.The services go to Hastings St., The Eumundi Markets, Hinterland, Cooroy & Nambour Railway and The Plaza at Maroochydore.

Camp ground enquiries and bookings by email:bookings@noosaseascouts.com.au

post-63-144599027771_thumb.jpg

Thanks Spotters for coming to the party in style! Adrian Lindsay and the team from Spotters have confirmed their contribution for the comp at no less than 6 pairs of awesome polarized sunglasses. Three of these will be given out randomly on the water to competitors and the other three as lucky draws at the presentation... Thanks for the generous contribution!

Remember there is just over a week to go to benefit from the early bird pricing. You can register online here: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/shop/cart/summer-classic-entry

Archived