Crawdad@C.H.D

STU

Hit up Clarrie Hall this am with plasticman Ready to catch some bass on surface awesome looking dam never been there before so when we got there it was very foggy could not see where to go to well I tried fly once again with no luck then andrew tried spinnerbaits landing the first of the day only small like most of the bass in the dam,I then caught one on surface popper we ended up with 7 bass for the morning and I lost one to the weed:angry:,Biggest of the day went 38cm fl caught by andrew on spinnerbait But all in all good first trip there now we have sussed the place out for next time.

First of the morning on spinnerbait [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Clarrie_Hall_Dam_001_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598432404_thumb.jpg

Ellicat deepest we saw was around 45ft but on average around the lillys it would be 20 - 30ft it is nice all the way up to most the banks not much shallow water we did not go right down to the dam wall but had a look on the way home it all looks the same great banks around the whole dam and some tricky timber just under the water in some of the bays

Feral wrote:

Drool.....

So whats the go, are permits required, where did you get your mexican fishing licences? are they available locally or did you get them on line?

I reckon I might have to make a trip.

you need nsw permits you can get them at a servo near the tweed on the way or just guessing at murwullinbah since it is pretty close and has plenty of shops.

STU wrote:

Caught on g vibe cast towards the rock in the back ground [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Clarrie_Hall_Dam_009_AFO.jpg

Oh man thats a cool photo. How long does it take to get there?

I would love to yak that dam.

Is it only bass? (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Angus

Cowfish13 wrote:

Great work. I told you it was a pretty dam:D And the grass is so green there. Especially on that big paddock just before the boat ramp. Was it very big when you're in a boat? When we were on the shore it looked big, but I checked and its water capacity is pretty small.

Great work on the fish.

Not that big but any dam seems bigger when all you got is electric power from where your photos where you head right, down the dam there are plenty of small arms and a island in the middle you can fish right around and some great standing timber everywhere, pass the island not to far it heads towards the dam wall. there is no launching from the dam wall only from the ramp at crams farm were you caught the bass.

Archived