Out There Fishing Charter 18th November 2007

Angus

Yep I am on to it. Have done a draft and had it re jigged and will send it out tomorrow morning to have a look at.

Shortie - I am not on a witchhunt to run this guy out of town or anything, but I do not want to shell out my cash for such service. If no one says anything he may just continue on thinking his service is adequate. If the group before us got the same service and said something, maybe things might have been better for us. I think we owe it to other mug punters who have booked charters down the track with him to give him the heads up to get his ship in order.

Brian D & Laurie - Will send in the morning.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's all been said, great expectations, very little results!

But, there are definately people that did an awesome job of organising this trip that deserve kudos, beer and karma.. Loz, well picked, the boat looked awesome and went the same! Booty, cheers for sorting out all the cash, especially me an tims' late transaction.. sorry dude!

All the lads on the day, it was great to meet you all!

Lee, dude I thought you looked familiar, but didn't recognise you, my bad. I guess it was a lot darker when we went whiting fishing in Bribie passage!

Oh, and I think old mate skipper should get reported. He was pretty ******* slack, and others have said I feel a bit stung, but if the crap really hit the fan and something bad happened to a future charter group because we didn't speak up I'd feel pretty poorly.

cheers!

Crap, forgot all about the charter and only just looked up the thread.

What can I say, dissapointing, no fish is no fish, but would have been nice to have a decent shot at it.

Brian, bad luck mate, you buy a real car and suffer for it, the old Xtrail's have plastic guards and probably would not have recorded a mark.

Yeah let’s all leave our families, sell the house, buy a charter boat and become a looser just like him, great life, Karma to him.:S

I can tell you guard 25 has been removed from his post. Lee it is not too late to press charges.

Liquor licensing are going up Fisho's big time and they (Fisho's management) have agreed to fix my car. Securities line has been drawn back to the Taverns boundaries so what happened will not happen again.

Next I will wait for Booty to get a response from his letter. That response will determine if I go to the Waterway authorities, Marina management and the Water Police.

It's OK ...I am not bitter.:)

Brian D wrote:

Yeah let’s all leave our families, sell the house, buy a charter boat and become a looser just like him, great life, Karma to him.:S

I can tell you guard 25 has been removed from his post. Lee it is not too late to press charges.

Liquor licensing are going up Fisho's big time and they (Fisho's management) have agreed to fix my car. Securities line has been drawn back to the Taverns boundaries so what happened will not happen again.

Next I will wait for Booty to get a response from his letter. That response will determine if I go to the Waterway authorities, Marina management and the Water Police.

It's OK ...I am not bitter.:)

We're all on your side Brian :P Good on you for getting them to pay damages. Now you just have to go without a car for a week while they fix it. Worst part about it all really.

ellicat wrote:

I suspect he'll respond with a letter inside a Christmas card (to save $0.05 on the postage) :whistle:

And he may need every 5c he can save if it all turns nasty. Currently in QLD a penalty unit is $75. So $75 x 500 = $37500. Considering its a maximum penalty, times it by 0.1 (cynical I know) its still $3750

41 General safety obligation of ship owners and masters

about condition of ships

(1) The owner and master of a ship must not operate the ship

unless the ship is safe.

Maximum penaltyâ€â€500 penalty units or imprisonment for 1

year.

(2) However, if the contravention of subsection (1) causes a

marine incident involving the death of, or grievous bodily

harm to, a person, the owner and master commit an indictable

offence and are liable to a maximum penalty of 5000 penalty

units or imprisonment for 2 years.

(3) For the purposes of this section, a ship is safe if it is

seaworthy, and is appropriately equipped and crewed, to meet

the ordinary perils of the voyage on which the ship is

proceeding or about to proceed.

There has been a few votes now so I will cast mine, and its a NO.

I dont want to give him any more money to stuff around with.

I personally think we have a good case for between 50-100% refund if we persue it, it could take some time as there is a period after listing where both partie are notified, then if that expires and guided mediation period, and if that fails arbitration.

If we get $62.50 back per person, add that to the $62 he wants you to invest in him again and book a charter elsewhere.

Just my thoughts...

Everyone has a bad day.

Some of us know exactly whats its like to have a customer complaint. And with some of our careers customer complaints can mean big dramas.

He has tried to rectify the situation and i believe fairly. I bet the next experience will be spot on.

With regards to gear, take you own then there is no problems. This is going to be the same with any charter you go on.

What will be guaranteed.

1. water

2. deckie

3. GPS

These were the 3 main complaints.

shortie wrote:

...With regards to gear, take you own then there is no problems....

True Shortie, but quite a few people who were on the charter do not have suitable gear and are reliant on the stuff provided. It doesn't need to be hi-tech state of the art, but it does need to be servicable and suitable.

Use of the charter operators' gear is (in part) what you are paying for in the charter fee, and therefor should be adequate in the least.

We are happy to go with the majority vote when it comes down to it regarding refund v 1/2 price 2nd chance.

Mr and Mrs Rocket

Archived