3 Days In The Bay

ellicat

23 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

Hi there ellicat, the winds looking real nice for a change, I’ll be sneaking out tomorrow for a little fish myself, still undecided where I’ll go though, what do think you and old scaley will be chasing?

Hey @Another Wazza,

At this stage we are leaving from Manly and thinking of heading to Wello to try for some grassies first up, then up to Mud for some tuskies, then maybe the Rous for some whiting depending on how we're going at Mud.

Let us know if you'll be in the area and we'll keep an eye out for you.

21 hours ago, ellicat said:

Hey @Another Wazza,

At this stage we are leaving from Manly and thinking of heading to Wello to try for some grassies first up, then up to Mud for some tuskies, then maybe the Rous for some whiting depending on how we're going at Mud.

Let us know if you'll be in the area and we'll keep an eye out for you.

looking to put some miles on the boat. Great stuff. I am keen to hear how you and Old Scaley went. 

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I did forget to mention my good fortune in not landing a grinner all day. Steve, on the other hand...

I was hoping you wouldn’t mention that. You know how jealous @kmcrosby78 gets. It was a good day out, Brian, even if the fish didn’t play the game. 

On 02/08/2020 at 9:25 AM, ellicat said:

The weather is looking too good to miss out on this week.

So Monday @Old Scaley and I are heading out, Tuesday @Leosonfire and I are heading out and on Wednesday @shaun1800 and I are tagging up with @GregOug and decky and heading up Curtain way.

Tuesday is showing up as an 'Excellent' day for fishing according to the almanac, with Monday and Wednesday showing as 'Good' days.

Hopefully with 3 days on the water there will be something to show for it (other than an early tan) and the reports will keep those who have to work entertained.

Looking forward to it! Cracking day coming up with the fishing gods smiling down on us 🤞

59 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey ellicat

Sounds like a fun little session you had, despite the unfortunate event of the anchor going.

At least you got some macks and whiting. The ray must've been a bit of fun.

Cheers Hamish

The macs were fun on the light gear even though they were small. The ray on the other hand, well...I knew it was a ray early on so the excitement level didn't peak too high. haha.

So good! Nice read Brian. 

Heaps of Watson's leaping bonito and schoolies been around amity this year, haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks though but always worth a go. Some nice winter jacks on the wall too. 

Some life long residents have said it is the most bait, mackerel, bonito, and tuna they have ever seen and they hung around for weeks. Great signs for the bay.

Catching longies and mackerel in my creek basher yak and landbased for a few weeks straight is going to be a lifelong memory. 

Lettuce know when you're next at amity and I'll cast some slugs at your boat 🙄 

A bit of fun in an otherwise pretty quiet period, Wazza.

40 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

So good! Nice read Brian. 

Heaps of Watson's leaping bonito and schoolies been around amity this year, haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks though but always worth a go. Some nice winter jacks on the wall too. 

Some life long residents have said it is the most bait, mackerel, bonito, and tuna they have ever seen and they hung around for weeks. Great signs for the bay.

Catching longies and mackerel in my creek basher yak and landbased for a few weeks straight is going to be a lifelong memory. 

Lettuce know when you're next at amity and I'll cast some slugs at your boat 🙄 

Gee, thanks Sam. haha

I got a couple of Watsons a month or two ago as well as a few schoolies but the last couple of trips they haven't been around.

When were you catching the longtails ?

It's rare to have an unchallenging day with them that's for sure. 

Northern and middle bay from January with a peak there in February and March. Then they tend to be spread out and can be targeted in the southern bay April til May, as well as along Bribie during these times. Especially when the first of the westerlies kick in Bribie is a goer in autumn 

6 hours ago, GregOug said:

Hi Brian,

Yeah. Wednesday is not looking good now. Let’s keep an eye on Thursday. Otherwise there’s always next week.

cheers

Greg

Now it looks okay again (which doesn't sit well with the BOM not settled on what's going to happen), but I think I'll need a rest day so I'm going to head out Thursday for sure. Lookout Curtain Kingies !

23 hours ago, ellicat said:

Great info from the Guru. Thanks, Sam.

Hey ellicat

I think samsteele115 has kitted you up with information. Hopefully when it's season you can get a biggun.

Good session with Leosonfire also. While it wasn't the amount, at least you got some nice tuskies! 🙂 

Do you target anything on live whiting, like jew, or just stick to macky fishing?

Cheers Hamish