Ducks Nuts

1 minute ago, GregOug said:

The best fish I’ve ever eaten, and I’ve eaten a lot over the years, including fresh reefies of all varieties when camping on barrier reef atolls, catching pelegics behind trawlers I was deckying on, etc, was freshly battered trevally at a local fish and chip shop when I lived in Mackay for a couple of years. I think that’s where I put on a lot of the weight I still carry! Give it a go.

I def will mate. Never tried it

Yep I know the pain of losing a decent bream I went out to my fave fishing spot on Friday with some bread i got a bream definitely a PB 40cm+ could have been close to 50cm or even 50cm anyway after a minute of fighting my 6lb snapped I think it got rubbed against some oysters or something cause I only had the drag pressure on 2lbs it was the biggest bream I’ve hooked and most likely take a very long time to hook one that size again . It was on the arrowz rod same as yours with the 1000 Stradic and 6lb braid . Looking on the bright side though I got 2 legal blackfish on bread for a feed 28 and 32cm blackfish although It’s probably gonna take awhile to get over losing a bream that size some spent years trying to catch a bream even close to 50cm

1 hour ago, Breaming with bro said:

Yep I know the pain of losing a decent bream I went out to my fave fishing spot on Friday with some bread i got a bream definitely a PB 40cm+ could have been close to 50cm or even 50cm anyway after a minute of fighting my 6lb snapped I think it got rubbed against some oysters or something cause I only had the drag pressure on 2lbs it was the biggest bream I’ve hooked and most likely take a very long time to hook one that size again . It was on the arrowz rod same as yours with the 1000 Stradic and 6lb braid . Looking on the bright side though I got 2 legal blackfish on bread for a feed 28 and 32cm blackfish although It’s probably gonna take awhile to get over losing a bream that size some spent years trying to catch a bream even close to 50cm

I caught hundreds of bream over the years at the Pin. Mind you that was many years ago when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Well, they were birds really, but they are direct descendants of the dinosaurs, or so I’m led to believe. Anyway, I only ever caught one bream that I still remember to this day. It was the first one that I had to bend the tail on to fit in the esky. Never really weighed or measured things much in those days. Wouldn’t have really mattered anyway because we were still very unfamiliar with the new metre and centimetre things. Still am really. Anyway it was an absolute stonker of a bream!

Just now, GregOug said:

I caught hundreds of bream over the years at the Pin. Mind you that was many years ago when dinosaurs still roamed the earth. Well, they were birds really, but they are direct descendants of the dinosaurs, or so I’m led to believe. Anyway, I only ever caught one bream that I still remember to this day. It was the first one that I had to bend the tail on to fit in the esky. Never really weighed or measured things much in those days. Wouldn’t have really mattered anyway because we were still very unfamiliar with the new metre and centimetre things. Still am really. Anyway it was an absolute stonker of a bream!

And by the way, before you guys start, I’m only on my fifth beer so still fairly lucid. I would take what I type tonight with a grain of salt however.