The Second Brisbane River Classic

AFO

How about a family team category?

IE Probably Ray and I would enter as a team, but the kids would want to come along as well, that would would cost me an extra $50 for the 3 of them on top of the $40 for Ray and I.

In family teams - make kids under 12 an extra $5 in a team (its $10 extra per adult after 1 up to 3 in your current pricing)

Good to hear the gears are turning for the next comp, its gunna be awesome! Two comments for me. Firstly we could do with an improvement on the weighing mechanism used. Last time we had over-glorified kitchen scales, which did the job mind you, but it might be easier with one of those boga grip style scales. Also no doubt some of the guys down near the coast will be targeting seriously big sharks, so then we might need a plan B...

Secondly as far as the prizes go, are we just recognising the heaviest capture per team, or a bag of say 3 in a similar manner to the ABT series? I think the ABT goes by bag weight plus a bonus for the heaviest single capture. Just food for thought though, and we have to be carefull not to be seen slaughtering too many sharks as well, which would kinda be bad publicity...

cheers

Matt

Forget scales - You'll need a hire crane for the bag I'll be weighin' in.

Dave - bugger off -(with respect) - I like boat fishing. If boats were banned would that exclude kayaks and canoes or a ban on all water craft? Does that mean you can't paddle a bait out in a dingy and return to land?

Yeha i see where your coming from brian, hey just so u know guys theres a massive parkland with kids facilities and theres a boat ramp park at comslie which one did u have in mind? cause the first one would be alot better. plus theres bbq facilities at each ad the first one has alot more parking. it also has a sand beach so boat based anglers can beach there boats for the weigh in.

DAVE

Lee - I would reccoment Tackle Warehouse on Old Cleveland Road. This place has absolutely everything you want. They have the super dooper gear, but they also have more than adequete and very cost effective combo's. The range of tackle and lures is also huge.

Dave - The weigh in as stated on the Home Page will be at the Comslie Recreactional Park. After some scouting both Johnny and i feel this meets our needs far better.

Angus

Hey Reefa have a look at www.whereis.com. type in colmslie.

It is not the park at the Hockey Fields with the ramp - it's the next one east. Top spot, about 2 mins from Southern Gateway Bridge Exit.

If the organisers don't object, for those who can't get accross the river I was going to volunteer my boat as a ferry - pick ups at Bretts Wharf or Golf Course opposiate. But we can work it out later.

3 is the max.

Execpt where families with younger children are concerned (Andrew we are working on that).

Gerty the reason for this is simple. If you had a team of like ten people the number of lines out would just be crazy for one team.

Think of it like this. If you have 4 people just have two 2 man teams. It will be more sporty and you will reap the rewards among less people!

Angus

Hey there.

I may sound like a cry baby right now but i got to ask why is it $30 to enter and $ 10 more each other crew member ?

I know it's a fishing comp with prizes what what are they ?

As i been in fishing comps down south in Canberra and NSW where you did not have to pay a fee to enter or it was not as much if you did.

They had top prizes as well in both the free family fishing comp and the trout comp where you did pay a fee of some $ 12 I recall.

You could win a $ 5000 boat 7 day trip away for to people and lots of fishing gear as well .

like i did pay $ 12 knowing that i could get a $5000 boat out of it , never happen but someone won it .

Any info would help , im keen to know what prize one could get out of it ?

Thanks

Post edited by: stingray, at: 2006/09/07 17:39

Stingray

Sure you can expect high profile comps to have decent prizes; those events receive the publicity to make it worthwhile for big names to donate goods.

For us on the otherhand, this will be our first \"real\" BRC (IMHO anyway:)) It takes money and effort to run these things, and remember whatever money isn't returned on prizes will go into furture events!

Cheers

Matt

stingray wrote:

Hey there.

I may sound like a cry baby right now but i got to ask why is it $30 to enter and $ 10 more each other crew member ?

I know it's a fishing comp with prizes what what are they ?

As i been in fishing comps down south in Canberra and NSW where you did not have to pay a fee to enter or it was not as much if you did.

They had top prizes as well in both the free family fishing comp and the trout comp where you did pay a fee of some $ 12 I recall.

You could win a $ 5000 boat 7 day trip away for to people and lots of fishing gear as well .

like i did pay $ 12 knowing that i could get a $5000 boat out of it , never happen but someone won it .

Any info would help , im keen to know what prize one could get out of it ?

Thanks<br><br>Post edited by: stingray, at: 2006/09/07 17:39

stingray, the reason tohse comps have such low entry cost and high prizes, is becouse they have sponcer ship donating prizes

Stingray,

As we are a growing competition and developing community, we find ourselves with quite a large effort in organising this event - both time wise and financially. The entry fees of our competition have been calculated from experience from our previous effort and from other competitions we have entered. They fee structure is organised to encourage more team entries, yet are flexible enough to allow differing circumstances.

The event does take considerable time, effort and co-ordination to plan and hold. We are working to get great prizes for this competition, a bonus for a great day fishing and to maintain healthy competition in this event. We as organisers, have other costs to factor into the running of the event, including the setup and the insurance (which we need to account for in our fees - something that larger competitions may be able to pay for with larger sponsorship and pariticpants numbers). We aim to make and keep the event reasonably priced so that everyone can get involved and make use of such a wonderful natural resource of the river and the great recreation in angling. As the competition grows we can offer better prizes and possibly lower entry fees. Hope this answers your questions.

As said above in the post, the aim of this site is to promote fishing in our region, and we are passsionate about reinvesting monies back into the competition and the sport to encourage fishing, so we happily reinvest any left over money into this.

The committes who run the high profile competitions put in an untold ammount of time and effort to run and organise these comps.

They have all started off small and grown in a direct proportion to the effort and expertise of the volunteers running them.

We cannot expect to have a large prize pool in our second year.

I have no hesitation in paying the nominal nomination fee. ( Compare it to the Straddy Classic or the Frazer Island comps)

My personal belief is that if any prizes are donated they should be used for lucky door prizes etc and comp prizes should be computer generated certificates mounted in appropiate frames and all monies raised should be utilised for the running of the B R C and publicity for next years comp.

I would take more pride in a certificate than a spool of fishing line and the certificate lasts forever.

Also i will be quite happy just to participate in the comp without the prospect of winning anything

I am an pensioner and have to watch my pennies but $10 bucks wont hardly even move the fuel guage on my car.

Ray

Ray I like what you say there. As a consistant user of the site I look forward to contributing to further development of the concept of:BRC the Comp, BRC the web site and BRC the Fishing Club and I hope my comp fees help the admin guys to recoupe some of what they have invested in both time and money.

I very much like the idea of certificates, ribbons and trophies rather then rods reels and line.

As Ray says the \"goodies\" could be best used as \"booby prizes\" or suplimentary to the trophy or certificate.

Good thinking old man.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/09/07 20:53

Archived