Looks like I will be looking for a new fishing area.

Ed.

I know what you mean,  I have 22 years in this one and with 92 square meters of floor space between 2 sheds, you can barely see the floor in either, plus the stuff in the house, so this will force me declutter and down size.

Half the stuff I will get rid of, although knowing Murphy Law, the moment I get rid of something, I will then find out that I shouldn't have and will need that item 😉.

Thanks Angry51, Yep, there will be plenty of those items, nothing worse than when you go to do something and you need a gizmo or tool and you know you have one, spend an hour or so looking for it, then give up and go to store to buy another. 😡 Over the past few years I seem to have developed a knack for doing that. 😀

The block of land we bought has a slope and is almost at the top of a hill and 27-38m above sea level so no chance of that ever flooding, the house we are renting is not as high up but after talking to the neighbours, they haven't been flooded yet, we pick up the keys next Friday and will see what happened in the past few days, if the house is flooded inside then it will not be fit to move in and so will give us cause to break the lease, but that also means we will have to look again.

But I feel confidant that it will be fine (touch wood). I will ring the agent on Monday and see if it is still good to move in, so all going good we will start packing and start to move stuff up there over the next few weeks.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jimmyjack, not too bad considering, even lost 3.5kg of weight,  it was a bit of a horror house move but officially moved up to Hervey Bay on Friday 25th March, so far 7 trailer loads, a 4.2m truck and a 6m truck. Boxes and gear everywhere and can't find anything😀. Had a bit more stuff than I thought, we filled the double shed to the brim and also the single garage in the house, so both cars are parked outside for the moment. We are working through the boxes slowly so getting a bit more floor space as we go, very hard to move from a large house to a small house though. At least the missus is no longer contemplating building and living in a small house, which is a good thing! 🤣. She now realises the benefits of having places to put things and room to move.

I managed to unpack the rods and reels last night, although I haven't found the tackle boxes yet😡, weather has been great here since we arrived and have managed a few walks along the Urangun Jetty and the beaches, water isn't that clear yet but is reasonable warm still,  and from chatting to the blokes on the jetty, the fishing is a bit sporadic at the moment still, with just a few bait schools hanging around the pier pilings. Bought a couple of shelves for the shed so I can take stuff off the floor and in to them, and reclaim some more floor space in there.

Can't relax yet as I have probably about 5-6 trips back to Brisbane and the Gold Coast in the next month or so. My Daughter, Son In Law and grandaughter are moving up to Robina from Melbourne  so helping them to settle in there whilst their gear arrives. I also have to drop my car off in Caboolture for a week as it needs some panel beating work done. So at this stage it looks like in mid May  I will  finally get my life back.

The area we are renting is nice and quiet but close enough to all the stores and shops that we need, just takes about 10 minutes by car (actually to everywhere), so I think that we chose well moving up here. 😄

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ellicat, Time yes, inclination no, freezing my backside off up here, but to tell the truth, I go to the jetty with the missus one or two times a week for a look and there are only a few baitfish around since those wet weather/storms were here, it is improving and the water has cleared up a bit, but after chatting to the locals, it appears that there is still very little being caught  on the jetty. So not enough to entice me to go out and spend several hours on that cold windy jetty for almost no reward. Plenty of small Toadfish and a few Grinners about though. 😀

It has being really windy up here, on average, most days are nice here (about 19-22C) but as soon as the sun starts going down it drops dramatically (about 6-12C), talk about your wind chill factor! I guess I have turned in to a fair weather fisherman or a sook (or both)!

In the final stages of building design but still 1-2 months to go before work starts on the block that we bought, house plans drawn up but still working on septic design, have started to look at aircon and solar but have about 5-7 months to organise those as those don't need to be finalised till the roof is on. The building process is so slow up here with limited builders available for a lot of development going on in this area. Our builder will be back from holidays in the next week or so and should be able to submit our plans to him to get a quote. Hopefully we will still be able to afford to build the house we want and not scale down any further due to massive building cost increases.

End of  Sept. we are doing a road trip to Airlie Beach and Cairns for a week in each (if all goes to plan) so definitely will be taking the fishing gear, by that time of year it should be warmer. Yay!

Don't know why, but I am really feeling the chill this year. You guys must be feeling it down south as well no doubt, but at least you are still going fishing.

Cheers

Ed.