no complaints! [brisbane river session #223-#228]

AUS-BNE-FISHO

• AUS-BNE-FISHO changed the title to brisbane river session #223-#228
2 hours ago, Bretto77 said:

Perseverance pays off. Well done Hamish 👍

Thanks Brett. 

47 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Woohoo ! Congratulations on the jewie.

Some pretty good sessions beforehand too. These new spots you've discovered recently are really paying off.

Strangely, only the last two photos are showing for me. Anyone else not seeing the them ?

Cheers Brian, and yep, the new spot is paying off. I'll have to be sure to go back there when I get back from Yeppoon. I can see all photos fine on my HP Probook and using Chrome, but it doesn't work on my phone or on Edge. 

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

Yep, all good now.

The river must be a bit salty for the macks and Tailor to be getting around.

Surprisingly, tailor have been quite a regular catch as far up as the Story Bridge for the last few months, so I guess they don't mind the dirty water. It must have been really clean and salty for the mack, though. 

• AUS-BNE-FISHO changed the title to no complaints! [brisbane river session #223-#228]
21 hours ago, Doughnuts said:

Great work Hamish, congrats.!!

Thanks Doughnuts.

17 hours ago, ubnt said:

Great report and guess you are happy about the jew fish caught. 

Just have a question about your sedona 6000. Do you think it is an overkill for jew and thread in rivers? 

Thinking about getting a 6000 or 8000 from bcf as they are on sale at the moment. 

Thanks! 

Thanks ubnt. I think the Sedona 6000 is the perfect size reel for Jew and threadfin fishing landbased in the river. It fits plenty of 30 pound braid nicely and casts well too.

15 hours ago, Brodie_S said:

You’ve Been catching a lot of good fish as of late and that jewfish is no exception absolute beauty of a fish good job on catching and landing him.  

those tailor would be good fun to been getting onto a few myself recently. Your reports now are definitely better than the reports from last year you get that with experience and trying new spots I guess. Great work Hamish.

Thanks Brodie, hopefully they continue to get better as well. 🙂 

44 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Even if you don’t catch another fish over the holidays, Hamish, you have had a fantastic break! Great Jew! I have noticed the prawn trawlers working around the city reaches lately so the must be fish throughout the system at the moment.

Cheers Steve, I guess the fish are following the prawns. Hopefully there’s still some prawns left when the trawlers are done.

2 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Thanks Doughnuts.

Thanks ubnt. I think the Sedona 6000 is the perfect size reel for Jew and threadfin fishing landbased in the river. It fits plenty of 30 pound braid nicely and casts well too.

Thanks Brodie, hopefully they continue to get better as well. 🙂 

Cheers Steve, I guess the fish are following the prawns. Hopefully there’s still some prawns left when the trawlers are done.

Surely it’s time to ban trawling in the river.

3 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Surely it’s time to ban trawling in the river.

They seemed to be taking a tonne of prawns, and from what I could see there was also a fair bit of fish coming up in the net too. I don’t really know all the facts behind it but I’m sure banning trawling in the river could only be a good thing. But then, the issue is, where are all the ‘Moreton Bay’ prawns going to come from 🤪