Upper Albert...

Dazzamcgee

Guy's, getting rather bored so I'm thinking of flicking a few poppers from the stanmore rd crossing as I was there the other day looks good for a bass or three. So my question is "is there any laws regarding fishing from that spot"??

Also where is the weir further up??

Maybe someone maybe able to draw me a map?

• 2 weeks later...

The Luscombe Weir has a no fishing zone that stretches for 120mtrs downstream from the weir...although you always see people fishing there and I have rang DPI&F on many occasions. But to put it simply, the dont have the man power to get out this way.

The Stanmore road causeway is still in tidal (or tidal influenced) water. I wouldnt bother with fishing downstream of the causeway, but heading up may bring you a Bass and/or a Bream or two.

I could say more, but since I have been fishing it for 15years now, I will let you discover the great spots just like I had to all those years ago. ;):P

No problems!

Part of the pure enjoyment of fishing for Aussie Bass in their natural environment is doing the hard yards and finding them. I have lost count of how many creeks/rivers I have explored without having a heap of info handed to me on a platter. There is no shame in drawing a blank when it comes to the amount of fish you actually catch on the day.

Check out Google Earth, find your spots to recon and go for a drive. It will make that first fish feel even better.

loomis this forum (unlike most)is a place where we actively and openly share info,ideas and experience,that's what its for,very mature.

childish people with the keep it all a big secret attitude dont seem to last long mate. have a read of the forums history and you'll see what i mean.

no offence intended

I don't think Loomis did anything wrong there??... he/she gave a bit of useful info "don't bother fishing below the causeway....head upstream and you may find a bass/bream".

I'd personally be happy with that bit of info. Half the joy of trying a new place is finding the spots yourself. If after a trip or 2 I was drawing complete blanks I would/may then ask for more info.

He even gave a wink and a smile after his line of "won't tell you much more".... nice and helpful without a spoon feed. Good enough for me.

jeff f wrote:

loomis this forum (unlike most)is a place where we actively and openly share info,ideas and experience,that's what its for,very mature.

childish people with the keep it all a big secret attitude dont seem to last long mate. have a read of the forums history and you'll see what i mean.

no offence intended

none taken!

I did share the info that answered the original question...If someone asks one question, should I then babble on and answer the 15 questions that werent asked?

In keeping things a little secret, it should encourage the person to explore the area and find out for themselves...afterall, obviously if people arent spilling the beans it means that theres something worth keeping secret.

Do$stylz : Thanks...its good to see someone saw the point!

Edit : As for the AFO Heros' (lol) and AFO VIPs'...is that the way you always greet/treat new members? If so, I am not suprised that so many people (according to jeff) have left. As senior members of a forum, you should be setting a good example, but no, being childish and throwing insults was your plan of attack.

I joined this forum because I met a member (on the Albert) and he said it was a great site...what a great first impression you guys have shown. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Brian D wrote:

Hey Lomis I have lots to tell you but I could not be bothered.

Dazza, you me, Aaron and Bretto can find our our glory.

I caught a wanker fish once, I cut the line before it came too close.:woohoo: :laugh: ;)

Thats a real nice thing to say! Especially since I have come to realise that it was you that encouraged me to join this forum. PM sent.

Welcome to the site Loomis. Tuff start :dry:

I don't know if you have much experience with them, but just like emails and other non-verbal communications, writing in forums can be tricky. Posts are open to interpretation and missunderstading.

Whether you intended it or not, I thought your post came across with a bit of tone and arrogance and some people saw this as unhelpful and unfriendly.

I have seen lots of examples of similar posts over the last year on the site, and I have learnt to think very carefully about how I word and express my opinions.

By all means share with others, but once you hit submit it's out there for all to see, interpret and respond to.

Overall I think it is a quite encouraging site, where input is valued if not always agreed with ;)

Rocket

loomis wrote:

The Luscombe Weir has a no fishing zone that stretches for 120mtrs downstream from the weir...although you always see people fishing there and I have rang DPI&F on many occasions. But to put it simply, the dont have the man power to get out this way.

The Stanmore road causeway is still in tidal (or tidal influenced) water. I wouldnt bother with fishing downstream of the causeway, but heading up may bring you a Bass and/or a Bream or two.

I could say more, but since I have been fishing it for 15years now, I will let you discover the great spots just like I had to all those years ago. ;):P

Guys I reckon the first post here was pretty helpful. A lot of people dont give away "exact" spots.

I think some of the following comments were pretty harsh.

My opinion thats all.

Angus

Thanks for the support guys and girls and just to clear something up let me just say this...

I have never said that I dislike this forum, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through all the past trip reports and so on. Its always good to find another group of people that share the same passion.

As for things being hard to type in context...I agree, but thats what the emoticons are for! Thats why I used them in my initial post.

I have been fishing the Albert for a very long time and I know it better then what I do my own backyard, I have filled logbooks with information regarding this river. So all I ask is why should I devulge all that info in my very first post.

Just like the Chardon Crossing though, its all water under the bridge...maybe I will come across some of you on the water sometime. :cheer:

Loomis, yeah that was me fishing!:)

So I'm guessing your the dude with the yak, right?:huh:

Well I'm glad u made it to the right site!! Welcome aboard!!B)

Anyways, my original intention of this post was to find out alittle more about the upper Albert River.

Somehow it has gone down a different path!:dry:

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Loomis, yeah that was me fishing!:)

So I'm guessing your the dude with the yak, right?:huh:

Well I'm glad u made it to the right site!! Welcome aboard!!B)

Anyways, my original intention of this post was to find out alittle more about the upper Albert River.

Somehow it has gone down a different path!:dry:

Yer, that was me...I would of signed up earlier, but everytime I clicked the 'register now' button...nothing happened! Maybe that was a warning :P lol.

What section/s of the river are you interested in? Shoot me a PM if you have any Q's.

loomis wrote:

Brian D wrote:

I cut the line before it came too close.:woohoo: :laugh: ;)

Thats a real nice thing to say! Especially since I have come to realise that it was you that encouraged me to join this forum. PM sent.

You know what loomis, on reflection you are right, I should not have posted what I did. If you want to keep your secrets that is your business, if I don't agree that's my business but I should not have been so rude. Sorry for the bad.

This site should be, and normally is a helpful and friendly site, stupid things like what I said are not within the characteristics of the site, again I apologise.

Brian D wrote:

loomis wrote:
Brian D wrote:

I cut the line before it came too close.:woohoo: :laugh: ;)

You know what loomis, on reflection you are right, I should not have posted what I did. If you want to keep your secrets that is your business, if I don't agree that's my business but I should not have been so rude. Sorry for the bad.

This site should be, and normally is a helpful and friendly site, stupid things like what I said are not within the characteristics of the site, again I apologise.

All good! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Will keep an eye out for you on the river somewhere.

Archived