Waders

Dan23

Hi,

With the weather getting colder and the water up over the grass @ NPD waders seem like a sensible purchase. Just wondering if anyone has had any + or - feedback on any. Only looking to spend around $60 if possible.

Anyone tried these??

/>http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=1405

I'm assuming the sizes relate to shoe size??

Anyone else got the same idea??

They look alright for the price Dan, especially with winter coming up. My guess is that the sizes would relate to the boot sizes. I'm sure they'd fit the bill well for wading in past the grass at NPD, well until you take that one step too far & they fill up that is :P

Cheers,

Matt

Nastymind wrote:

Anaconda have neoprene waders that retail for $99.99.

Come in and see me in the Logan store and i'll do you a better price.

We also stock the Shakespeare pvc waders.

Thanks mate, Logan's a fair way from me but thanks anyway. I might check out the Anaconda over my way though.

I bought some Kokoda stretch chest waders at Big W today, they are $31.00 ATM (on special I think).

These are the same ones a-mart sells for RRP $69.00 but sometimes have on special too.

Tried them out tonight at NPD, very comfortable, even for the walk back to the car. Make sure you try them on before buying though.

Rocket

These look alright. They come up nice and high and there's a pouch big enough to fit enough lures. Just need an attachment to clip you rod to whilst changing lures and it'd be awesome.

/>http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=1408

Slightly off topic but just came across these. Pretty awesome idea for those early morning sessions.

/>http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=1376

Looks like you can peel some fingers back to tie lines then quickly put them back.

I was thinking about buying neoprene waders from anaconda the other day while it had a sale. I asked one of the guys there if they were waterproof or not and he didnt really give us a confident answer. My question is, they'll soak up some water, will it be enough to wet whatever it is you're wearing underneath?

But guys - the water is going to be warmer in winter:P Surely it's best to be IN the water :D

Does that mean when I go fishing with rocket and faulked I'm going to look like im with a couple of old timers? The water isn't that bad once you sink 'em in

TerryH wrote:

But guys - the water is going to be warmer in winter:P Surely it's best to be IN the water :D

Does that mean when I go fishing with rocket and faulked I'm going to look like im with a couple of old timers? The water isn't that bad once you sink 'em in

I've tried with and without...with wins hands down;)

If you fish with me and Jase, people will wonder why this pair of smart and attractive fisherman are doing with the young pnemonia candidate in wet shorts and thongs:P

rotciv wrote:

I was thinking about buying neoprene waders from anaconda the other day while it had a sale. I asked one of the guys there if they were waterproof or not and he didnt really give us a confident answer. My question is, they'll soak up some water, will it be enough to wet whatever it is you're wearing underneath?

I have a feeling that may have been me.

Was it at the Logan store?

I posted a thread on AFO not long ago asking for facts about neoprene waders and didn't really get anything too solid.

I think it's just one of those things mate.

Sorry, we can't know everything :unsure:

Archived