09/08/08 Saturday, NPD Quickie

EMP

Sorry to disappoint anyone, this is a quickie of the fishing kind. :P

After work today, I arrived at about 4:45PM at that little carpark next to Bullocky (same place where Dan23 and Rocket left me alone in the dark, bastards:laugh: ). I lost a couple of slugs and told myself, "pull out Zimman's magic spinnerbait".

A few casts later, a good fighting bass. She looked sort of 30ish but I was too lazy to get my measure. As a reward for being caught, I let her go. :)

About half an hour later and quite getting dark, smash! Great fighter, whatever was on the line. I thought, "geesshhh, what a big bass this must be; surely this is a bass". It did feel like bass.

But no! Moments later, I didn't see a bass. It was a huge yellowbelly! Upon measuring, she registered as my yella PB (I think): all 52 cms. of her (pardon the quality of the photo).

Hopefully, this little short novel of mine, no matter how flukish I've been, would inspire those going to the NPD comp a couple of weeks from now. :)

Thanks for reading and see y'all one of these days. :)

EMP:) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Nokia_pix_002.jpg

Hose nozzle on the photo to give a bit of reference.

post-2597-144598468161_thumb.jpg

Archived