Showtime NPD

Dinodadog

It was showtime at NPD with a hot bite between 2'30 and 3'30pm on slugs. Managed to get several in the low 40cm size. Also managed to snag what they were feeding on, all though this one would of got caught in there throat.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog:

in a hurry with ruler [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/au10_001-a4097505bae2dee400dd9fce8ca59752.JPG

post-1453-144598468843_thumb.jpg

Rocket75 wrote:

tacklebox wrote:
Nice bass Dino. I notice several different kinds of slugs there. Do you have a favourite?

Looking for some inside info for the upcoming comp are we?:P

You got me there Rocket! I've never fished NPD and never caught a bass on a lure. I'll take all the help I can get :)

Whatnow down towards forgans

Kriso when we fished from the boat the sounder would go from 30ft to 3ft in a second and you would think you were going to run aground, but it would be a massive school of bonies,that condensed it would black out the sounder.

Rocket AM is slow at the mo,so is cold arvos, warm slightly windy arvos are produceing, I dont seem to do any good when the water is glassed out, I think the fish need a little ripple on the water for protection from the birds. Also even I CAN'T tell what time the fish are going to bite ha ha

Tacklebox my fav slug when Ican get them is a surecatch lazerpro in 25gms. If its single fish cruising they are fussy if its a school they attack anything

Nicely done Dino, I tried the early morn just out of interest and because that was the only time available...your spot on, they just weren't within casting distance. They were probably all huddled together shivering on the bottom of the dam.

My beanie nearly froze to my head.

Nice boney too mate

Should have seen what I caught.:laugh: I'm fairly certain that they are yours. Next time I see you I'll hand them over. You'll get a giggle.

Yeah Terry I was absolutely spewing that day. It was my first NDP trip, taking the GF, didn't think we would catch squat and didn't bother with an esky. We ended up with half a dozen nice jewies, a fat yella and the bony. With no esky, my prized shark bait (and the rest) went back lol. At least Loz was impressed with her first real fishing tripB) (if we didn't catch something, I would have been in the poo ;) )

Death Ray

Bonies are readily caught in the upper reaches of the Brisbane too. As for how fresh it is I think it varies. A long time without rain and it gets a bit salty, but after heavy rain in really freshes out. I find after this fresh change, its hard to catch anything in the river too.

Archived