State of origin Comp - who's camped where

Feral

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gazza wrote:

Nah bud just more amber sleeping pills :woohoo: :woohoo:

I reckon with the crew camping the whole park will sound like a wood cutter's convention lol

Gaz

That's why I like sharing with Ray - he takes his hearing aid out and I can go to town, unbroken sleep with extra snooring and he can't hear a thing.

Mind you the smell fronm his anal snooring starts to woft around after a while :blush:

Talking Tents - does anyone need or want a tent?

I have a couple of the older style square 6 and 4 man pole tents that I won't use again. Last I looked they were in fine working order. The set up was for wife and I in the 4 man and 4 kids in the 6 man, but those days are long gone.

Last time I used one was at Lenthals about 2 year ago and it was just fine.

Take them as they are.

Feral wrote:

Dont be fooled, I was at lenthall's on that trip, its a very tricky tent, took 2 days to put it up!

What he means is instead of putting up the tent on arrival I went fishing. THen it rained for 2 days and so I waited until it stopped raining and slept in the car.

Come to think of it, it was OK to go fishing in the rain but I was too sookie to put a tent up in the rain. :blink: :dry: Ha now that's dedication, especially sonce I didn't land a barra. :S

oks i have payed my sorted out and got my sites sorted .going thurday to sunday arvo, late bookout.and a extra site only up cost me 15 extra for the second site .i figure we would really need the room to spread out with the mob.

if we go with the big tarp and tent the tarp would not fit on 1 site ,it 30 foot long .and the sites are about 8.5 meters by 8.5 .a good size site.

but we are not used to caravan parks and limited room.usually when we go camping we take up a area almost as big as our house block and get called the mini city .lol.

this will also help cover if i end up with extra's and tag a long's which usually happens.

Feral wrote:

Shock! Horror! dont worry Jeff's he nothing but a Victorian tart! ;)

Not often your right but your wrong again Feral :P :P

I was born in Port Kembla Hospital NSW and lived there till I was hijacked south when I was 6 :woohoo:

Gaz :woohoo:

Gazza wrote:

Feral wrote:
Shock! Horror! dont worry Jeff's he nothing but a Victorian tart! ;)

Not often your right but your wrong again Feral :P :P

I was born in Port Kembla Hospital NSW and lived there till I was hijacked south when I was 6 :woohoo:

Gaz :woohoo:

South of the border - Mexican

Hey fellas need some help

The comp is a great idea. Myself and a few of the Dudds were thinking of coming down for it. Not sure how to say this but you all seem to be pretty familiar with each other and know each other well through the webpages. Is this comp pretty much a closed shop?

Jimmyjack wrote:

The comp is a great idea. Myself and a few of the Dudds were thinking of coming down for it. Not sure how to say this but you all seem to be pretty familiar with each other and know each other well through the webpages. Is this comp pretty much a closed shop?

Even though it says comp it is really more a social. Bring as many people as you can, we will drink with everyone.

Richard.

shortie wrote:

Jimmyjack wrote:

Even though it says comp it is really more a social. Bring as many people as you can, we will drink with everyone.

Richard.

we will drink with everyone ha we drink with anyone is more accurate.

JJ after the first one you'll be a local so just jump in.

No worries tomca I would only take offense if it wasn't true. :laugh:

Do it Jimmyjack you will have good time. We all came to one of these outings for the first time once, it only takes 5 minutes and will have met a few of us.

It's one of the best parts of these comps is meeting new people.

Jimmyjack wrote:

THanks for your help everyone. WIll have to see whether there are any waterfront spots left!

Mate as the boys have said, it seems like we know each other because we have done these sort of events together before. Once you are there 5 minutes youll be seasoned AFO veteran mate. The more the merrier we are never closed to good blokes.

Angus

jimmyjack i had met only 1 guy on here then i went to the kookaburra park shark social met about 20 guys there ,since then i have just met more of the guys.just joining them for a fish in the going fishing forum .prob 30 now ,and going to meet more at the origin.:)

good bunch of blokes on here ,good for a laugh, chat, fish and bit of fun.

oh i say the chicks be the same but haven't met any of them yet .

noname wrote:

you got a boat licence? as i will probably be fishing at weird times, you can go out with travis in mine. or take it yourself while i sleep. 3 might be a bit crowded with all the gear, myself, i like space to move, but see how we go ay.

nah mate i dont have a boat license...

im really quite interested in going down for this...

just needa find a place to stay too... anyone got any suggestions...

i dont mind bunking with some of you guys...

Archived