2009 Moreton Bay Classic

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2009 Moreton Bay Classic **

logo_moreton_bay_classic.jpg

The annual Moreton Bay Classic fishing competition run by Brisbane Fishing Online is taking place on:  6th June 2009

WHEN: The Moreton Bay Classic has been planned for the 6th of June 2009. The competition will commence at 4:00am on the 6th of June and conclude at 3:00pm on the 6th of June. The prize presentation will commence at 4:30pm on the 6th of June.

WHERE: The location will take place in Moreton Bay. The northern most limit of the competition will be: 27 Degrees 0’S, and the southern most limit will be 27 Degrees 50’S. The eastern most boundary will be the Bar between Moreton Island and North Stradbroke. The Western boundaries will be 50m up the mouth of any river or creek flowing into Moreton Bay except the Brisbane River. The Brisbane River boundary is the end (further most upstream point) of the rock wall bordering the reclamined land. Bait can be collected before the time of the event, and outside these boundaries. Please note that all restrictions and fishing practices set by the DPI are to be adhered to.

EVENT HQ: The event HQ for the AFO Moreton Bay Classic will be at Manly, near the Boat Ramp.

PRIZES: There will be alot of prizes on offer including of Cash prizes for all categories as well as some fantastic fishing gear, tackle and accessories.

1st Prize in each Category: $200 Cash & John Deere Merchandise pack

2nd Prize in each Category: Fishing Rod Worth $100

3rd Prize in each Category: Lure Pack worth $40

CATEGORIES: There are 8 categories for this event.

• Longest Bream.

• Longest Snapper.

• Longest Tailor.

• Longest Flathead (any species).

• Longest Mackerel (any species).

• Longest Whiting (any species).

• Longest Grassy Sweetlip.

• Longest Estuary Cod.

EVENT REGISTRATION (BEFORE THE EVENT): To register for this event please email the following details to entries@australianfishing.com.au

1. Full Name: eg John Smith.

2. Contact Number: eg 0407123456

4. Email Address: eg johnsmith@hotmail.com

5. Payment Reference: eg johnsmith-mbc

6. Junior (under 12) or Adult: eg Adult

6. Payment: The event cost is $40 each

Please pay your the registration fee by direct deposit into:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Reference: eg yourname-mbc (Ensure it matches the Payment Reference in your registration email otherwise we will require another payment!)

EVENT REGISTRATION (ON THE DAY):

You may register to compete at anytime after 4:00am on the 6th of June until 10:00am on the 6th of June.

REGISTRATION DUE DATE:

Please note, registration is due no later than the 4th June 2009. There is a lot to organise for this event so we would appreciate everyone registering ASAP.

EVENT BRIEFING:

Everyone needs to report for a quick briefing and to receive their “photo entry unique item†before they commence fishing. Ensure you have your name ticked off as competing. You may report for briefing between  4:00am – 9:00am on the 6th of June. We will be set up at the Event HQ for the duration of the competition. Ensure you report  to Event HQ before you begin competing as you will be issued a unique item that all photo entries must include.

FISH ENTRY PROCESS:

All entries for this event will be photo entries allowing for catch and release of all fish. You may keep fish to eat if you so desire but NO fish will be measured at the entry station. All photo entries are to include:

* The complete fish on the measuring device.   

* The unique item placed in clear view.

Measuring device: Please note for this competition you will supply your own brag mat or measuring device. To ensure your measuring device is suitable for the photographic entry, please check it with event staff when you attend the briefing in the morning. Photo’s where the measurements cannot be clearly seen will not be eligible.

Photo’s will be uploaded to a lap top on location so PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR CAMERA'S USB CABLE. Failure to do so will cause the entry to be null and void. Viewing a photo from the screen of the camera will not be counted as an entry.

The submitting of entries for this competition will occur between 3:00pm and 4:00pm on the 6th of June at the Event HQ. Entries not made within this time frame will also be null and void. The judge’s decision is final in assessing these entries and no further appeals will be undertaken.

PRIZE PRESENTATION:

The prize presentation will occur at 4:30pm on the 6th of June at the Event HQ. We would encourage all entrants to be present for this event. If you cannot make it to the prize presentation, please nominate someone to accept a prize in the event that you win one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

need to get something straight? i know this is photo entry only, but say joe blow hooks a 34cm squire and it's the only 1 caught or trav nails a large flatty over 75cm.these are illegal fish, so non valid to try and enter them? personally think a weigh in would be the go, as people have the chance to see any fish weighed in, in the flesh.

noname wrote:

need to get something straight? i know this is photo entry only, but say joe blow hooks a 34cm squire and it's the only 1 caught or trav nails a large flatty over 75cm.these are illegal fish, so non valid to try and enter them? personally think a weigh in would be the go, as people have the chance to see any fish weighed in, in the flesh.

part of the reason is that a photo is legal as opposed to keeping the fish, and if you are a catch and release fisher, then there are more fish returned to the water to catch another day. It seems more environmentally responsible to me.....and less chance of a great catch being used in the media in an unflattering light.

straddiebrad wrote:

when it says there are two team catogorie for this event does this meen we will be put in teams or am i reading it wrong:blink:

That was a typo sorry.

It reads now: "There are 8 Categories for this event".

Cheers mate.

Angus

noname wrote:

yeah, thats how i read it! i understand what was said. i was just wondering if the fish had to be legal to be submitted. doesnt bother me either way, i was just curious thats all.

Rob thats a good point mate.

I will clarify this ASAP and make a post about it.

Cheers.

Angus

squidslayer wrote:

squidslayer wrote:
Is the competition for AFO members only.

still seeking clarification on this for my team mates.

Sorry for not replying sooner.

Of course non AFO members are more than welcome to join in this event, as with any AFO event held.

However...

Jason/nuckle/threadybuster: As with FOTM and ROTM competition, banned members are not able to compete. Being banned from the AFO community means all aspects, not just the forum.

Regards

Angus

paulymassy wrote:

anyone know where the river boundry ends ?

Hey Pauly.

The limits for the Brisbane River will be no further than the rock wall at the mouth.

All other tributaries will be 50m in.

After all the point of the competition is to fish the bay. The Brisbane River Classic is for the river :)

I will add this to the main post soon.

Cheers.

Angus

tugger wrote:

sounds like a great comp and i will be there with my boy but need to know if the name of the bank is needed for entry fee or the BSB number is enough thanks in advance

mark

BSB & Account should always be enough.

However the bank is :Bank OF Queensland.

Ill update that on the front page.

Look forward to seeing you there mate.

Angus

Ok guys. In the first post of this thread and on the front page the boundaries are more clearly outlined.

Bare in mind the limits placed on fishing up rivers are there because this comp is aimed to encourage fishing in the bay! We already have a Brisbane River Comp :P

Angus

i'm guessing here but i think boundaries are from a point 10km north, from the southern tip of bribie to comby?

down the inside of moreton across days gutter, across the bar, continuing down the inside of straddie, as far south as a point that appears to be 1.5 km north of the bedrooms?

then back along the mainland to bribie again?

straddiebrad wrote:

do u know if u can submit smaller fish just incase no one say gets no flathead and u catch one at 15cm does that win.

Yeah its the longest fish of any of those species.

Nothing illegal about photographinh and releasing under or over sized fish :)

Angus

straddiebrad wrote:

Eug wrote:
Google is your friend.

Shore Street North, Cleveland. Pretty much where Raby Bay is.

so its the park behind the boat ramp where the meet is. brad

Just a reminder the venue has been moved.

It will now be at the Manly Ramp.

WE are going to post some pictures of where we will be set up.

Cheers.

Angus

well rob brad got he cat today all we have to do is talk him out of chasing snapper and go for kings and AJs and i think we will be in with a chance, ps that line i ordered for his deck winches will be on deck next week, but going on your advice i wont be using them :laugh:

Archived