my MBC

noname

just bear with me as this might take some of your time ok.

well as some might know the motoer wasn't the best for this outing for the weekend, so plan was to stay close to home, so with boat loaded all but with bodies aboard, brad turned up at my joint at 2.45 am, and loaded some more stuff and off we went. B) a nice easy trip to manly ramp was had, spotted a few suspects had arrived befor us, :huh: firstly notices some 1 in shorts, and got a shiver straight away :laugh: it was cold for those of you that weren't up at that time! so parked the boat and woddled over to say g'day to em, mick, wes, davy, with the whitley. and the other lad who i forget, sorry mate. :S just waited for my other deckie / rower if needed for this trip. :laugh: and she turned up and kinda said oi to the other lot,then tugger cruised into the slot too :laugh: lookin kinda fresh for that time of the am, then off over to see gus as he was gettin out of the car to register and cruise. so we made a course to cleveland boat ramp and ditched the boats, mine, marks and dave's. and off we went. i went last as i didn't want any 1 to run up my ass if the motor stalled, as it turns out the motor only had a few hiccups the duration of the time on the water which was good, first spot looked the goods for the time, a nice ledge and some bait fish trickling through, here's marks rig sloggin it out :laugh: mbc_004-20100516.jpg

we got straight into berleyin up and presenting good baits, all to no evail, another boat decided to try and anchor on the chanel here with a barge bearing down on them, i called out oi the skipper, i don't think can see you there mate, so their anchor was hastily retrieved and off they went quickly too, ass the skipper at the wheel of the barge sure had not seen em there, so all good there. but fish wern't biting, well not the 1's we were after! DOH. time for a change, hmmmm while thinkin of where to go, we were faced with all of this ! it's hard , but somebody's gotta do it i guess. mbc_001-20100516.jpg

after finding no fish home i opted for the next best thing, grab a beer and get let off and get my ass to the bakery at straddie, armed with pies, salad rolls,cream donuts. i was on my way back when i noticed marks aka [tugger] on the beach with other suspects, so off i trotted down, met up with some of the other suspect there, and had a chat and a laugh with them too, shortly after it was off to peel for a chin wag with mal and kev, in mals new rig, and it looks the goods too and hope it serves you well mal, as i think she will, here's a pic of it. mbc_009.jpg

through out the course of the night, the wind picked up, so thought it best to head for the ramp and call it. upon arrival at the ramp we were greeted by water police and passed everything with flyin coclors, which i knew we would. well folks thats about it for our trip out this weekend, cheers for the read.

bring on soo :cheer:

thnx to brad and tanya? for the company. ciao for now!

robbo.

with the motor bein the way it is atm, i couldn't try the spots i frequent, no 1 was around there for a tow if required, and was more a social thing for us lot, but yes the fishin was tough for us at least, as i haddn't fished this part of the bay for quite a while now, and i certainly noticed a difference out that way, thats for sure.

after setting off with davelads and robs boat's from the first spot we run into malcom and kev in horseshoe bay on peel island then we went over to dunich on stradie which is all about 5 minutes run away. we spotted tom (tomca)and dennis (keenasfisho) so we beached up and had a chat then rob comes walking down from the bakery with a bag full of goodies so off we go again but all i landed was a legal summer whitting out the front of there. back to horseshoe bay again for a bit of rnr on the beach before setting off at dusk to try again but once again we found the fish nusery. the next spot didn't fair any better then the wind picked up so i made the decision to head into raby bay canal for shelter which was only a 15minute run from the last spot. this was a good call got a peacefull night in there and got a few good hits on baits and livies but only a few photos of smallish fish and a squid kept for bait. we hit peel again in the morning but nothing worth talikg about in the end it was good to catch up with lads i haven't seen for a little while and have social drink with the guys on the beach and some great scenery on the bay

mark

noname wrote:

so back at peel we had a bit of a chat, and i went sor a quick snooze, heard somethin during my snooze, and woke to this :laugh: mbc_011.jpg

Webbfunk and I saw Tugger just after dark at Horshoe Bay, he said hed been stick there a while and had to wait for the tide to come in, we thought he was joking and had stopped in for a drink with the lads on Peel (he wasn't joking)

I like the way you fish Rob, it's more about having a good time than busting a boiler trying to get the fish. It sounds to me you had a very enjoyable comp - more power to you. Oh and... more pi55, more pi55, more pi55. :laugh:

Hey travis,yes it was like santa carring a sack of toys,the owners new they were on a good thing when rob walked in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

It was a great weekend and a HUGE THANKS TO TUGGER for offering the deckie spot to me as it's a first for me and a great trip with me landing my first legal fish in a AFO comp and not before time mind you :woohoo: even if it was land based and in 20cm of water.

Good to catch up with some of the boys,girs and kreel and nice to meet some new folks malcolm,davylad nice rig mate.

cheers dassa

Again thanks tugger :ta: :fishing:

must say i had a great time like everyone else as we set up for the last night i thought once the tide turned we would be on some good fish but the weather got a little worse,but all in all it was great and will be on the list for next year,and i will be heading out on friday night on the same spot to try again.brad

Archived