2010 State Of Origin - Entrants List

Angus

wesfish wrote:

i have another junior to fish with bailey and i, logan mcpherson squire queen lolAngus wrote:
wesfish wrote:
ok count me in will arrange payment over next 2 weeks :)oh and count bailey in as well!

Micks boat might be a bit big mate but would love to see him there as well :P

Good to some Juniors entering.

We had originally scrapped the JNR Category as there were so few last year.

However at the request of a few members we have reinstated it. Hope to see some more sign up.

Cheers.

Angus

Glad to hear Wes. We brought back the JNR category at the request of several members, and then I managed to beef up the prize pool from just 1st place to 1st, 2nd, 3rd (courtesy of AFO member donations from the past for the most part thanks guys). And then its been very quiet on the JNR front!

Angus

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angus wrote:

fergie wrote:
Angus wrote:
fergie wrote:
all registered and accom booked at ferry reserve,see ya's there

Nice one Ferg :)

Looking forward to catching up.

Where you staying?

Angus

we'll be staying at ferry reserve. unfortunatly cabins are booked out at most places or have a min of 3 night stay :angry:

so we'll be staying in a tent where it's nice and warm :laugh:

and also i have found out that there is another state of origin fishing comp on at brunswick heads on the same weekend and is sponsered by bcf, so there's gonna be a s*** load of boats on the water that weekend :blink:

Where did you hear that Fergie?

/>http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=2179.0

^^this one maybe. I think he is referring to the AFO SOO comp as he gives NCF as a reference.

Brad its pretty shallow at low tide but most other times you should be ok.Trav had wholy Snappin flat out at low tide so he'd skim across just :blink: :woohoo:

The bar all i know is it's not real big and last year there only one bank to cross so weather swell depending it should be an easy enough cross not that I was game to last year but a few small boats were picking the lull and crossing

Brian D took his run about down last year .

its a glass boat around 17 foot i think .

he seamed ok on the river ,i think it was the biggest boat in the afo crew .

there is some big boats in the mariner and tour boats .

so big boats should get around ok at high tide and from the bridge to the mouth i guess.

tugger's boat would be the go i reckon .

tugger wrote:

count me in i've just registered will have time on thursday to do payments as i have been flat out at work lately

mark

Saw yours come throught mate.

We just cracked 30 and early says. This should be awesome! :)

Angus

tugger wrote:

i'm taking my boat and the canoe to cover both bases

last year we took the canoe .it was good .

if i was taking the whole family this year i would take both canoe and tinny .

but don't think i will take the whole family .

no rudd $ this year and prices have gorn up a little and the structure how parks charge has changed and all my kids have gotten older.

all these add up to costing more for the same .

make a decision at the end of the week if i will go or not ,before the price goes up.

think will just be me and sticky ,no kids weekend sounds good .

will put both of us in the comp as when she is about,she out fishes me and i get a donut.

and 2 tee shirts and brag mats come in handy .:)

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

tugger wrote:
i'm taking my boat and the canoe to cover both bases

last year we took the canoe .it was good .

if i was taking the whole family this year i would take both canoe and tinny .

but don't think i will take the whole family .

no rudd $ this year and prices have gorn up a little and the structure how parks charge has changed and all my kids have gotten older.

all these add up to costing more for the same .

make a decision at the end of the week if i will go or not ,before the price goes up.

think will just be me and sticky ,no kids weekend sounds good .

will put both of us in the comp as when she is about,she out fishes me and i get a donut.

and 2 tee shirts and brag mats come in handy .:)

Hahaha your a classic Davo!

Mate I didnt know about the parks charging more per kid depending on age...

As for the entry fee, iff you sign up before the end of the week it will be the same as last year anyway!

Be good to have you there mate.

Its looking like a sensational event!

Angus

Angus wrote:

Hahaha your a classic Davo!

Mate I didnt know about the parks charging more per kid depending on age...

As for the entry fee, iff you sign up before the end of the week it will be the same as last year anyway!

Be good to have you there mate.

Its looking like a sensational event!

Angus

yeah see that if i get in before the end of the month same price as last year ,bargain :)

what the parks have changed is :

it used to be 2 people and 2 kids included in site or cabin fee.

now its just 2 people in the site or cabin fee .

i think kids to pay for where 5 year old and up and now there 4 year old and up.

its standard across the board all parks did it ,i checked it out beginning of the year .

main change for me is all my kids are older than 5 now ,so i would have to pay for all of them .

last year i only payed for 4 of 6,this year i would have to pay for 6 of 6 .

no 7 kid don't come camping ,she been off making me a grand dad . :huh:

lel wrote:

I just registered, did an external bank transfer so may take a couple of days for the money to hit the AFO account
that bloody hubby of yours, lmao, he just said to pay for him but you would be going, otherwise i would have reg both your ass's. i'll check with you next time first lel b4 i reg him for any more events hahahaaha, onya brad LMAO.....

noname wrote:

lel wrote:
I just registered, did an external bank transfer so may take a couple of days for the money to hit the AFO account
that bloody hubby of yours, lmao, he just said to pay for him but you would be going, otherwise i would have reg both your ass's. i'll check with you next time first lel b4 i reg him for any more events hahahaaha, onya brad LMAO.....

i wasn't going to go because it's winter and I hate the cold. Thought I'd leave it up to the boys. But since he booked a cabin (yeah reverse cycling airconditioning) I thought I'd give it a go. Even if I don't do much it's still a weekend away. Am taking a good book for if it's too cold I'll be snuggled up in bed.

told the boss today that i was taking the friday and monday off,he said fine as long as we are not in carins,we have a bit of work up that way will no for sure in a few weeks,so i could miss this one just not sure at this stage. :( in the event i cant make i cant make it can my fee be used in another event later down the track???

straddiebrad wrote:

told the boss today that i was taking the friday and monday off,he said fine as long as we are not in carins,we have a bit of work up that way will no for sure in a few weeks,so i could miss this one just not sure at this stage. :( in the event i cant make i cant make it can my fee be used in another event later down the track???

Unfortunatly not brad as that will be going towards my bar tab :laugh:

Ok guys,

Am booked in for this now! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Now all I need is a campsite and a boat.

Anyone want to share the costs for a tent site? I dont take up much space and can pay my way.

As for a Deckie Spot, those who know me know I can be very helpful, and possibly lucky

(note SOO Flathead winner 2009) but lets not talk about my bad luck for 'tis livin :laugh:

Anyhoo, want to come along for a good fun fish and the usual shenanigans,

Let me know if you would like the company/cash/bait/beer or baked goods!

Mooks

Archived