AFO Wanderers Borumba Dam Weekend 13-15 May

crazywalrus

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
G'day Ted mate are you still taking up your big tarp and if so I can give you a hand to sey it up but won't be there until about 1130 as the misses is working in the morning

Yeah mate I will be bringing it up. I will check out the area once I get up there and decide if it goes up or not. Would be good to have a hand mate. thanks

good stuff ted, i just picked up a 18x9ft tarp (upgrade from the umbrella) :P so plus yours should be plenty of shelter if others want to share.

also got some sneaky new lures on the way. got some mates from work that are also interested in coming, when is everyone booking spots?

As ya do I was talking to the misses last night and she come up with what I THOUGHT was I great idea (hard to belive i know) so! I'm going to take up my camp oven to cook a roast probly for saturday night so if any others want to bring up a camp oven or a few we can get together to cook up a feast for all to join in. the more the merrier

good stuff ted, i just picked up a 18x9ft tarp (upgrade from the umbrella) :P so plus yours should be plenty of shelter if others want to share.

also got some sneaky new lures on the way. got some mates from work that are also interested in coming, when is everyone booking spots?

mate you have to bring the umbrella its a icon now :lol:

I have already told them that there will be about 20 to 30 of us. She did not say much about a booking. I will confirm some numbers with her closer to the date. Camping Friday and Saturday nights

I have already told them that there will be about 20 to 30 of us. She did not say much about a booking. I will confirm some numbers with her closer to the date. Camping Friday and Saturday nights

1 suspect here confirmed as goin with a boat and deckie spot ! just a lil unsure of the fresh though, are there any red claw in this dam we speak of ?:whistle:

Well my plans for this weekend has just been canned so I am free to head up with all you guys for a fish for the weekend.

What is the best way to get to the lake from the Southside of Brissy and how long does it take to drive there towing a boat.

Should be a fantastic weekend.

Thanks

Lance

Well my plans for this weekend has just been canned so I am free to head up with all you guys for a fish for the weekend.

What is the best way to get to the lake from the Southside of Brissy and how long does it take to drive there towing a boat.

Should be a fantastic weekend.

Thanks

Lance

Hey lance about 2/2.30 to the dam up the bruce highway and take the imbil turn of and just follow the sign's from there and when you start to here the banjo's your getting close :silly: :evil: . The camp site it the second 1 go past the deer park and look for the tent city and AFO shirts the crazy 1 and i will be there friday just before lunch

mate you have to bring the umbrella its a icon now :lol:

Yeah Eug - think of the kids. They need someone selling icecreams .........

Almost certain we'll (wife and I and possibly the dog) be there for this - will confirm at some stage but all looks good.

Kelvin.

looking great guys - 8 people confirmed now with a lot of maybes. Filled my deckie spot now so I am looking forward to this. Going to hit up the Toga big time. The more people that confirm the easier it is for us to work out numbers for the campsite. Also guys if you are not into camping the Deer park is just 3km down the road and they have cabins.

/>http://www.borumbadeerpark.com/

to confirm camping please go to the event page

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/55-AFO+Borumba+Dam+Wanderers+Bash

was at the dam yesterday. New toilet block, new landscaping and the ramp has been repaired so has 2 proper lanes. And everything is so green! The creek is running hard and a couple of the bridges to the dam are still badly damaged. Just a case of slow down and be careful.

was at the dam yesterday. New toilet block, new landscaping and the ramp has been repaired so has 2 proper lanes. And everything is so green! The creek is running hard and a couple of the bridges to the dam are still badly damaged. Just a case of slow down and be careful.
hahah close ya eye's and hold on and nail it will be my way to cross the bridges,and back off mick ! they're all mine i tell ya , hahahaha weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:woohoo:

just a lil tip for you guys when you all head up there, walk up the creek from the camp site towards the spillway, and fish the edge of the turbid water with white spinnerbaits, blades and ayu, brown jackalls, you'll score some thumper bass, yellowbelly or maybe even a cod, alot of people get busted up in there cause they fish with light bassin gear. Or for that toga, fish the same area with a surface pencil lure/ popper (Atomic K9 bulldog, ghost green is my favourite in there.)

i was given the heads up on lures and i'm taking only 3 lures to use, yes 3! hahahaha. think i'm mad now? lol

:lol: :lol: what lures you takin rob? frenzy lures that are out a tune and that swims to the right and one that swims to the left and what you tellin me the third one actually swims straight :lol: :lol:

i was given the heads up on lures and i'm taking only 3 lures to use, yes 3! hahahaha. think i'm mad now? lol

:lol: :lol: what lures you takin rob? frenzy lures that are out a tune and that swims to the right and one that swims to the left and what you tellin me the third one actually swims straight :lol: :lol:

nah mate, who needs straight swimming lures! rig 'em paternoster and they'll cancel each other out ;) :silly:

Archived