2011 Winter Camp - Official Thread

Angus

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So whas the go with the liv shrimp? Do we have the morning brief, grab a bucket of live shrimp then head out fishing? How much shrimp is supplied?

Also the boats supplied for us non boat owners have elec motors right? Apprx how long will they last lol I don't wanna get a few hundred meters from camp and find the batteries are flat

So whas the go with the liv shrimp? Do we have the morning brief, grab a bucket of live shrimp then head out fishing? How much shrimp is supplied?

Also the boats supplied for us non boat owners have elec motors right? Apprx how long will they last lol I don't wanna get a few hundred meters from camp and find the batteries are flat

Mate there is enough shrimp, over 50 each (conservatively).

Electric motors power the boats from start to finish. Never had any problems here. They are then re charged over night for the Sunday session.

Angus

Mate there is enough shrimp, over 50 each (conservatively).

Electric motors power the boats from start to finish. Never had any problems here. They are then re charged over night for the Sunday session.

Angus

But it is ok to open up petrol motors right Angus?

Yeah Petrol motors are allowed on the dam.

It works for everyone as up the back end of the dam (my favourite area) its all dead wood and standing timber so anyone hooning around cant really access this area making it ideal for kayaks and smaller boats.

But its a big dam do for those with bigger boats there is tonnes of places to explore.

Angus

Clan Nickers this time Gus. And she always outfishes me in the fresh :blush: so better start engraving the trophy with her name on it :pinch:

when we camped out there recently one of the kayak guys with us put some pots out and found a feed of redclaw on the first drop. With Rays expertise, might be a few honey holes full of them to catch.

Up back of the dam has some super sexy bass spots, hopefully the water will still be up there in August

Manni - Angus and Steve will assign people to boats closer to the date.

Chris - don't worry about getting stuck out there mate. There's enough people on the water to tow you back if you do run out of juice. But chances are very low mate. Its also a good chance to practice with lures if the shrimp run out at the end of the day.

This trip is gonna be awesome.

I booked one of the sport tuition boats, not sure how big they are but assuming one or 2 deckie spots free, so if someone wants to jump aboard anyone welcome !!!

His boats are quintrex 3.85 travellers quite roomy and stable. Motors are minnkota 55lb with 100ah deep cycle battery.

You will be surprised how professional Steves operation is.

Cheers

Ray

Yeap Henry pretty much covered the ins and outs right there.

I am also really looking forward to this. Sounds like an awesome crew coming.

Just a reminder your registration early helps hugely in planning (boat allocations etc) so even if your not planning to pay for a few weeks dont hesitate to the send the registration email in ASAP.

Cheers!

Angus

Chris - don't worry about getting stuck out there mate. There's enough people on the water to tow you back if you do run out of juice. But chances are very low mate. Its also a good chance to practice with lures if the shrimp run out at the end of the day.

Sweet Dude - thanks !! Why can't Winter Camp be this weekend :(

P.S Thanks Ray

P.S Thanks Ray

Keen much Manny? :P

P.S Thanks Ray

Keen much Manny? :P

Angus I'm going to start a new thread "Hi I'm Manni and I'm a fishing addict" gonna send Do$tylz the bill, bastard got me hooked again !!!

Angus Do you want any redclaw?If so how much?

Cheers

Ray

Mate I dont think the gang would say no!

Ill happily BBQ them up for everyone and make a good sauce.

I was going to do a batch of smoked ribs as well :)

Angus

I can knock up a creamy garlic and chilli sauce I'd you'd like. Usually for prawns and scallops but will definitely work for red claw. Ray, you are a legend.

i'm just going for the food .

Not one drop of grog then? Just food? :P

maybe a drop or two ,but not to much .

i am planning to take the boss woman with me and well its just not worth the trashing i get when i misbehave.

but good food is quite a fair trade off .

oh how i like to eat and drink .

Hahahaha good on you Davo.

I will def onto those ribs then :P

Angus

that's another reason for me to come ,i have never ate any gus made food yet ,seen lots of pictures .

rayke wrote :Angus Do you want any redclaw?

angus wrote :Ill happily BBQ them up for everyone and make a good sauce.I was going to do a batch of smoked ribs as well.

benno573 wrote :I can knock up a creamy garlic and chilli sauce I'd you'd like. Usually for prawns and scallops but will definitely work for red claw.

dassa dose his redclaw a chilli ,very nice.we had our 6 year old girl following ted (crazywalrus) like he was the best thing since sliced bread .he had the chilli readclaw tray .

lets see a no kids weekend ,with :dinner (home made pizza) and BBQ redclaw with a good sauce and smoked ribs and redclaw with creamy garlic and chilli sauce.

is this a camp or heaven .

frikking sweet.. this line up of people is turning out epic.

C'mon anyone else. Particularly any lurkers/no posters. This is honestly the easiest way to get right into the thick of things with AFO. Great fising, fantastic people, food to die for and a fwe drinks after. If you don't drink, you can just chaparone the rest of us :D

Welcome aboard:

16. Eddie Platt (haines 490 slc)

thanks Angus, may be able to rustle up a couple of other blokes too, looking forward to meeting some blokes from here.

Cheers mate and no worries.

The more the merrier obviously.

As Do$tulz mentioned earlier this is easily one of the better events to get involved as a newer members, or a member that has not had much to do with AFO on a face to face level. While a lot of people love the forum and use it heaps, this website has so much more to offer.

I know it sound a bit kitch, but I have literally made that many solid mates from on here that I am know never short of a person to fish with!

Angus

Archived