2011 Winter Camp - Official Thread

Angus

Plan is to get there by 8 on Friday, have a fish, head to the pub for lunch fish the arvo. All blacks match starts at 5.30pm Saturday so going to the pub to watch it. Us everyone heading back lunchtime-ish Sunday?

We may be able to set the game up in the rec room at camp.

Ray: Cabins alocated mate just need to confirm what time people can get in though. Sorry will get onto it asap.

Angus

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plan is to get there by 8 on Friday, have a fish, head to the pub for lunch fish the arvo. All blacks match starts at 5.30pm Saturday so going to the pub to watch it. Us everyone heading back lunchtime-ish Sunday?

We may be able to set the game up in the rec room at camp.

Ray: Cabins alocated mate just need to confirm what time people can get in though. Sorry will get onto it asap.

Angus

Too easy mate, failing that might just crank the car radio :)

Have the cabins been allocated yet and what time can we get into them friday?Thinking of leaving nhome around 11 am dump stuff in cabin and fish for a couple of hours.

Cheers

Ray

Ray I put up a Cabin Allocation thread in the Winter Camp section and Steve has informed me that we can rock up any time after lunch basically :)

The new care takers will be there and will be able to let people in.

Angus

We will dump stuff in cabin and launch from the ramp at lakefire.

Cheers

Ray

is the camp the exit on the left as you are heading to the boat ramp? Does the camp have its own boat ramp?

Camp has its own boat ramp.

I can comment on the other part as I have never been to the main boat ramp but I dont think so. Make sure you check the Camp Lake Fire website for the exact address as my understanding is that its on the other side of the dam from the public boat ramp.

Angus

their ramp is okay, not concrete but pretty firm ground. over easter there was alot of boats there launching everyday (40 plus boats) and the ramp held up fine. Not sure about leaving boats in over night, as the campsite is uphill a couple hundred metres away. i may or may not do it.

it is on the other side from the public ramp. coming from boonah the first turn off is for the public ramp, the second turn off is to campfire.

their ramp is okay, not concrete but pretty firm ground. over easter there was alot of boats there launching everyday (40 plus boats) and the ramp held up fine. Not sure about leaving boats in over night, as the campsite is uphill a couple hundred metres away. i may or may not do it.

it is on the other side from the public ramp. coming from boonah the first turn off is for the public ramp, the second turn off is to campfire.

I will probably sleep on the boat, so can keep an eye on everything down there (light sleeper)

CAN'T WAIT!!! I haven't been fishing in ages and my casting wrist is really starting to itch (I don't do left handed strangers).

What happened to the husband and wife combo of Sweresy and Doobsy?? gone soft in your old ages?

haha I think they've got a function on down south mate.... shame though :)

Archived