So what's everyone upto easter break?

taib

Well, planning to (forced by the wife :evil: ) hit the garden with the mower and a few cutters for a massive clean up on friday to prepare room for the new tinny comin soon, then hope to fit in some fishing on Sunday, mon or tues.

Ming is back from Singapore and is keen to do a night sesh down the goldy and might be out and about with Ray again on other days.

What else is everyone upto?

Hopefully going camping with the new boat somewhere up or down the coast, unsure as to where to go and havent planned anything yet so it might just end up as being day trips around.

I am open to suggestions...

mate camping is always fun!! there are a alot of camp grounds you could go to which are very nice. cant remember the name but the camp ground next to the fraser island ferry is nice and relaxing. great environment, otherwise camp ground at southport is and convenient for everything from fishing to shopping. If ur really into the bush, few nice camping grounds near "the lost world" reports out warwick way.

Camping at Inskip Point (which I think is where Taib was referring to??) from Wed to Mon so all fired up. Taking the surf rods and the tinny and crab pots.

Caught up with a mate today who spent a week at Fingal last week - said the gutters on Fingal Beach were FULL of good tailor so if you could get a camping spot down there it would be a good spot. Tweed right next door too.

Camping at Inskip Point (which I think is where Taib was referring to??) from Wed to Mon so all fired up. Taking the surf rods and the tinny and crab pots.

Caught up with a mate today who spent a week at Fingal last week - said the gutters on Fingal Beach were FULL of good tailor so if you could get a camping spot down there it would be a good spot. Tweed right next door too.

if ya goin to inskip, watch ya pots. and good luck

we once went to inskip point at Easter ,never again ,3 hrs to find a camp spot and the whole area was full of yahoo's and idiots.

never again at Easter .

but we have went there a few times over the last couple of years at non peak times .luv the spot .

we are heading down to darlington park ,just past beaudesert in behind lamination national park.

Hopefully going camping with the new boat somewhere up or down the coast, unsure as to where to go and havent planned anything yet so it might just end up as being day trips around.

I am open to suggestions...

mate camping is always fun!! there are a alot of camp grounds you could go to which are very nice. cant remember the name but the camp ground next to the fraser island ferry is nice and relaxing. great environment, otherwise camp ground at southport is and convenient for everything from fishing to shopping. If ur really into the bush, few nice camping grounds near "the lost world" reports out warwick way.

think there is 3 camp spots around that area ,we have only camped at one .we go to it cause it real bush camping right on the river ,but has septic toilets and showers but u have to start a fire under the pig for hot water and bucket it into the showers .

if ya goin to inskip, watch ya pots. and good luck

Cheers for the heads up Rob as otherwise I was prob going to leave them in the whole time and just check them/re-bait them each day. Do they usually steal the pots or just raid the crabs?

We were going to Lady Musgrave but had to can the trip as the boat needs some prety expencive maitainance and the weather looks a bit sad up that way. So it will be a bit of work around the house and we are going to shoot over to Tangers for a few days on Thursday. Then go and camp some where on the labour day week end, was thinking about somerset sking and clawing but not so sure with the work that is needed on the boat.

Going camping at Straddie Adder Rock, will be enjoying fishing morning and night, and enjoying getting away from the main land.
mate i will be at amity for the few days,iam normaly down at the amity ramp for a few hours around sun up and again in the arvo so if your down that way see you there.brad

borroloola?? jealous. I've got a friend with family up there and her fishing report was just ridiculous. Good luck up there :D

I'm off to Toogoom for 5 days with some friends. Hoping to bloody my new Exist 2506 on some bigger fish :D although my excitement has been tamed by reading local reports about where we are (beelbi creek) being a little lame...might have to to the boat around to find a firing spot :)

Archived