my fav shark recipe...yum yum

madmullet

Crushed up salt and vinegar chips..... what a perfect coating for fish! I have used broken up 2 minute noodles before just for something different.

Always thought that without proper treatment and handling you would have an ammonia smell. Is that right, and if so how do you overcome it?

noodles...nice

mate bleeding by the tail is the best way. as you can see by the flesh it is bled properly.

this will test me....

now what i am awair of is that the sharks cant covert the ammonia in to the urine system and it then goes straight back into the blood streme.

i know its not the most humain way of bleeding a shark out but if you want good quality fillets, you should bleed them through the tail.

another point... before evan remooving the hook, the first thing i do is tail off, hook out, then once bled out put into esky in icey brien

Crushed up salt and vinegar chips..... what a perfect coating for fish! I have used broken up 2 minute noodles before just for something different.

Always thought that without proper treatment and handling you would have an ammonia smell. Is that right, and if so how do you overcome it?

noodles...nice

mate bleeding by the tail is the best way. as you can see by the flesh it is bled properly.

this will test me....

now what i am awair of is that the sharks cant covert the ammonia in to the urine system and it then goes straight back into the blood streme.

i know its not the most humain way of bleeding a shark out but if you want good quality fillets, you should bleed them through the tail.

another point... before evan remooving the hook, the first thing i do is tail off, hook out, then once bled out put into esky in icey brien

to put it simply,sharks don`t pee as most animals do,they turn urine to urea,which is really converted ammonia,this is then excreted through their skin.

The most effective way of flushing most of this out of a sharks system is by tail docking, whereby the heart does the flushing.

Sharks that have not been bleed/dressed soon after capture have a strong ammonia odour to them,they will also have a dark/red line (blood seeped) of meat going down the fillets,this dark meat will have to be trimmed out completely

so for those of us that wanna be humaine (and those like me that are worried about what the toothy end will be doing) can u brain spike it first? or do u need the heart going to bleed it

for those who truely wanna be humane, I would guess that, they would only eat rice,pasta,vegetables and pretend meats etc. :whistle: :lol:

Nah, to get a good flush out (and here we`re talking about the quality of the meat)tail docking as described is most effective

If you brain spike a shark, I would suggest you immediately cut the tail off, then cut , just in front of the gills, from side to side through the shark to just below the spine (cartilage) , by doing this you will get some bleeding out.

Then gut and head the shark.Do this as quickly as possible so you can get the body into ice/ice slurry to slow/stop the blood and ammonia tainting the meat.

Fillet and then trim off any dark/red (blooded) meat as soon as you can

Archived