Fishing in forest lake, lake Near brisbane QLD

BiG JACKo

Yeah don't be fishing there mate, what's the point there are plenty of places you can legally fish and catch the same species. If you really want to fish that area I have it on good authority that the nearby creeks have the very same species in it and there are definitaly no no fishing signs there, you'll need to bush bash though ;)

might just see how i go there, i mean all they can do is kick me out, do ya no what kind of fish is there and what bait to use ect.

Call call champ..... And then when they lock off more areas to fishing on the basis that fishos think they can throw a line in wherever they like, we can all come looking for you to blame!

Fair go booty, he's just a young fella looking for something to do..Maybe if more of these areas were accessible to fish there wouldn't be so many young bucks in trouble with the law..

Having said that, I'm not encouraging any illegal fishing activities or trespassing..

Geeze, you blokes are harsh..Like you never done anything you were not ment to do when your a young bloke! Least he's not out smoking weed or doing other things against the law..

Again I'm not condoning any illegal activities

Look, I agree that we've all been there and done that as young fellas, but I think what has taken this thread down this particular path is this post

might just see how i go there, i mean all they can do is kick me out, do ya no what kind of fish is there and what bait to use ect.
What has to be remembered is that it is a public forum and you will always draw a bad reaction when you put up something like that after being told that it is not allowed, let alone there being signs literally everywhere there. It is not the same sort of situation where someone goes and has a fish only to find out later that it is not allowed, he is finding out beforehand and still saying he want's to go.

He's a bloody kid for Christ sakes, yes its illegal if he fishes there and if he gets caught well that's his own stupid fault. But to say its because of ppl like him places get shut down completely is a bit harsh, I think you'll find most places are closed to fishing or get closed to fishing is because of filthy dogs who leave there shit laying around making the place look like a rubbish dump, not to mention broken glass and hooks, bongs an f knows what else laying around just waiting for someone to cut there feet on.

well i for one dont agree or agree with jack.

but one thing i no for sure, as a kid fishing kept me out of trouble, i was a little prick as a kid, its a wonder i didnt end up in bording school or something like that. but the thing that saved me was fishing. i no i would much rather see young jack sitting on a bank or a jetty fishing then seeing him tagging the local shop, smoking cigeretts or steeling from someone. their is not one person on this site who can sware they have never broken the law. yes laws are put in place for a resion, and if you decide to break them then you know your taking the chance.

but you have to remember he is a kid trying to surpress his boredom, we dont know, but he may live very close to the lake and cant stray to much further.

and jack mate dont take comments that other people make to heart, we no you mean the best mate.......

keep those lines tight bud.....

ow and i will state this as well to help of younge fisherman out.

i for one give you an invatation to come fishin with me mate, just send a p.m to me saying that if it possible and your going fish can i tag along.....

why dont you guys extend an open hand and help these younge fellas out instead of making suttle remarks..... invite them fishing ect

cheers kurt

young bloke, mature bloke or old crusty bastard the fact is it clearly states NO FISHING!

We all get pissed off when other fisho's give the rest of us a bad name so if some of the elders on the site step in and say hey young fella don't be stupid he should listen!!! Its not about being snobby!?

I live 5 min down the road and there are PLENTY of spots to fish from a yak and or land based.

Even better, PM me I am going yakking on Saturday morning up the top of the Brissie river, if you want to come step up and PM me.

Batty

batman said:
young bloke, mature bloke or old crusty bastard the fact is it clearly states NO FISHING!

We all get pissed off when other fisho's give the rest of us a bad name so if some of the elders on the site step in and say hey young fella don't be stupid he should listen!!! Its not about being snobby!?

I live 5 min down the road and there are PLENTY of spots to fish from a yak and or land based.

Even better, PM me I am going yakking on Saturday morning up the top of the Brissie river, if you want to come step up and PM me.

Batty

Batman, it's how everyone approached it that I was astounded at. Some of the snide remarks he got was just ridiculous. There are alot better ways to get across your message than what was taken in this thread. So yes, snobby, Holier Than Thou - how dare you mess with my ability to fish certain waterways with your stupidity. Gimme a break.

I agree, he should not fish there and should opt for other spots but there is a much better way to convey that.

Just like to point out the remarks only started after he posted the above which to my mind states FU I am going to go anyhow.

If the remark about illegal fishing was made about me .

Please have another read of my post.

Obviously other site members have fished there and also were not aware of any signage.

I was not aware of the signage until after I had ceased fishing and the Logan Ranger did not mention the subject when I was speaking to him.

If I would have been aware of the no fishing sign I would have not gone to that location.

I have also written to Logan council pointing out the lack of signage at the other entrance to the location and also asked for the reason for the no fishing sign.

I also dropped by the site again yesterday and I could not see any evidence of any sign ever been situated at the entrance so maybe the sign at the other end may have been transplanted.

Cheers

Ray

Illegal fishing is illegal fishing.

What gets me is the fact that after u stated that where u fished was illegal, people still went on to congratulate you. Pleading ignorance is not an excuse. I would have thought that if u found what you were doing was illegal, you would not post up your illegal fishing details on a public forum.

Batty

Batman, it's how everyone approached it that I was astounded at. Some of the snide remarks he got was just ridiculous. There are alot better ways to get across your message than what was taken in this thread. So yes, snobby, Holier Than Thou - how dare you fuck with my ability to fish certain waterways with your stupidity. Gimme a break.

I agree, he should not fish there and should opt for other spots but there is a much better way to convey that.

mate

I know where you are coming from and trust me I have had my fair share of bullshit clickymess on forums but at the end of the day its a forum and people are entitled to say what they like within reason, your always gonna think sometimes jeez thats a bit off!?

Oh well...lets go fishin!

I am still waiting for a response from Logan Council on the legality of fishing the spot.

If I would not have investigated the other entrance I would not have been aware of the signage.

It is not the first time that signs have been transposed or removed.

I checked the councils website and there is no mention of no fishing at that site.

It is rather strange that their own website does not state no fishing.

It is now 3 days since I emailed the council and one would wonder at their tardiness in responding if in fact fishing is not allowed there.

If I do not receive a response by tonight I will be contacting the Mayor ,Pam Parker directly and will then post the response .

I am not responsible for what others post.

Cheers

Ray

Yes it's illegal. And he hasn't actually fished there so what's the problem?

Was there not a report put up in the past few days about someone going fishing in a spot which was illegal? Yet no one seemed to come down hard on that topic like they have here...Better yet you all gave nothing but congrats for the report...

WTF?!

christophagus wrote: Illegal fishing is illegal fishing.

What gets me is the fact that after u stated that where u fished was illegal, people still went on to congratulate you. Pleading ignorance is not an excuse. I would have thought that if u found what you were doing was illegal, you would not post up your illegal fishing details on a public forum...

I agree with you Chris Illegal fishing is illegal fishing, and I`m sure the poster does also.

Having been a member of the site for some years I can say that the poster is definitely not the 1st member to unknowingly be caught out in a similar situation, and pointed out the fact with a post, to warn others how easy it can happen

I`m sure that he would have done some type of checking /enquiring about fishing the lake prior to his fishing there.

I`m also sure he would have been mortified/bewildered on finding and reading that No Fishing sign.

Pleading ignorance is not an excuse…. I don`t think the poster was offering an excuse… just the facts.

As far as: I would have thought that if u found what you were doing was illegal,you would not post up your illegal fishing details on a public forum.

I`m sure the poster put some thought into whether he would or would not put up his post. I`m sure the calibre of person he is made the decision easy

and I`ll be heeding the moral of the story …

thanks for the lesson ray, waiting with interest for the councils reply

I guys this has been an interesting Post. I think what we have is a generational issue here. I do agree that we where all once young and I do not understand the fishing closures of some of our dams especially when they are effectively protecting Pest species. The Law is the Law I suppose and it needs to be respected.

I think where this got off on the wrong side is when Jack effectively told everybody to go get F'ed. This is a typical response from a young person today. We should not be surprised. Unfortunately what some of these younger folk do not realize is that on such a forum they will receive a lot more help and information if they learn to respect some of the older members that do not understand such language and ways of phrasing things. By the way I put myself in the league of the older members however as an older person I should probably acknowledge that younger members do not communicate the same way as we do and maybe have a longer fuse. Just my to bobs worth.

The forum is for all ages and we need to make it welcoming and available to all in my opinion.

Archived