Sunday flatty session

Funfisher

Hey everyone

On sunday i woke up pretty tired and second hand from a big night out and had allready aranged to go fishn the pin for flattys with my mates Russ and Andrew we had the time to launch key'd in for the 5.30 high to start the fishn.........we ended up launching the boat at around 11.00am at the reddy bay boat ramp (bit late but oh well) the tide was just starting to come in and was not the best for rounding up a feed on our usual banks we tried varios banks and gutters flicking s/ps for hours with very little interest even from the usually prelific mediam sized lizards. Russ managed to boat a small one and i missed another smally but things were looking pretty dismall after casting a couple of thousand bloody times to no avail. We decided to start heading back and to stop off at the first bank we flicked in the morning hoping now the tide had rised a fair way we might have better luck. On my third cast i unexpectedly hooked into one which was quite intent on stayin as far away from the boat as possible but after about five or so minutes of giving my new mojiko 6ft and penn applause reel spooled with 10lb mojiko braid a bloody grand chistening we managed to net it and the overall length was 68cm, a few minutes after Russ pulled in one which was 56cm. After that we decided to pull up stumps and head back to the ramp we stoped off for a few quck casts at a ferry dock and i managed to boat another one but it was only a baby around 40cm. Was a great day and in the end persistance payed off nicely.;) [img size=374]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/New_Image_AFO.jpg

post-1056-144598419114_thumb.jpg

Nice Lizards mate

I dropped in anaconda the other day and yes those Mijiko rods look very nice, they had the 7ft ironbark rods on special for $39, felt really nice.

When I had a boat I used to fish a spot down near kangaroo Island that always produced a good flattie or two, you could actually see the flathead chasing the SP at times.

Was pulling in a legal size bream there one day when the biggest flathead I've ever seen came up and had a go at it..not kidding it must have been close to fifteen pounds..head like a shovel.

BTW I used to use these funny shaped mister twister jigheads with wings....an absolute flathead killer...I've looked everywhere but havent seen them for years.

cheers

Thanks heaps for the fish complements guys!! hope that we can round up a few more around this size on the AFO flatty hunt in August! lookn forward to it. Heres a few more me and my mates rounded up at the pin a few months back on s/ps [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/tristans_pics_022_AFO_AFO.jpg

post-1056-144598419157_thumb.jpg

Funfisher wrote:

Thanks heaps for the fish complements guys!! hope that we can round up a few more around this size on the AFO flatty hunt in August! lookn forward to it. Heres a few more me and my mates rounded up at the pin a few months back on s/ps ]

Blah Blah Blah... have edited this post as I cant drive the website too well. Was looking in the wrong spot for the the event.

Duh... to me!!

Post edited by: bootyinblue, at: 2007/06/27 16:52

Archived