Small Fish O' Plenty - NPD 9/7

blue_mako

Well I'm just going to try and make this a short report of the most fun filled session I've ever had at North Pine Dam, and probably every other fishing session.

Got down to the Dam at around 8am and started off at the dam wall with my 25g Gillies slug that worked a treat yesterday. Worked my way around to the spot where Tim, Nelson and I got a good 50 fish between us yesterday.

It started off slow with fish coming every 10 or so casts until I got to 19 Bass with the biggest going 46cm fork and it went dead for a few hours.

So I slept on the bank as the wind had reached an easy 40knots. Started fishing again at around 1pm and didn't get a fish for 30mins. So I decided to walk 100m up the bank to the other point. The wind was blowing a freaking gale, so hard I was leaning on it at times and my rod tip was bending over.

Though it didn't stop the fish from coming. From 1pm until around 5 it was non stop action with a fish every 2 or 3 casts. Nothing massive with most fish going between 30 and 40cm. There were about 10 fish between 40 and 45 but nothing to break the 50.

I lost the trusty Gillies slug at fish number 28, and yes I know because I had nothing better to do then count the fish I was catching :P . Though the Surecatch Knight didn't disapoint landing every fish from then on. By the end I was knackered and had landed 63 Bass, no more no less. Also missed about 50 million hits and dropped around 5.

That brought my tally for 2 days fishing to a tiring 85 Bass (Biggest 47 fork), a Tilapia, 2 Boney Bream and a bird :silly: . Where have all the big fish gone? Oh, almost forgot to mention, a mate of mine came down for the last hour and landed 11 fish, his 3rd or 4th fish went 52.5 fork. How much effort do I need to put in to get another 50!

I am in desperate need of a physio appointment.

Troy

Flip man, your guys are freaks, blows my mind but happy for you.:cheer:

Good report and even better fishing nanna nap or not.:P

Oh please God let my next fishing trip be like this one, please pleaes please. I'll be good and stay out of the tackle stores if you only let me have another hot sesson.;)

Archived