/Rant rant rant... damn scalpers

Eug

in qld you can resell if the sell value is not more than 10% of the original, not sure about other states. difficult to monitor though as the sellers dont specify which seats so it's next to impossible to cancel the offending ticket(s).

even new zealand is sold out...

I do not think there is a law in Aus against scalping concert tickets. You are not able to scalp a sporting ticket.

i am pissed as well

QUick summary of the law as I read it is its illegal to sell a ticket to any ticketed event at the venues listed regardless of what type of event or where the buyer or seller is located. It seems to all revolve around the event location.

Go on eBay the week before the show, when the tickets are going for really high prices, put in a massive bid and just... Don't pay! Sure, eBay will give you a 'strike' as a non paying bidder, but the scalper won't have time to sell the ticket again :)

Eug a mate has a FB page which is kinda like a tix swap and sell page.

Some ppl re selling for profit but others sometimes sell coz they can't go to the event

And want to recover cost. May be worth a look as u may get tix last minute for face value

Will find the link and send it to you

Archived