AFO wanderers camping at Blakesleys nth Stradie july 20/22

tugger

Lowlifes, not good to hear mate.

I think I might have to give it a miss due to the wind. I was still coming after looking at it last night as it was looking better at about 15knts max but now its back up to over 30knots. I said to the missus 10 - 20 it will be uncomfortable but it will be nice and sunny so all will be well. 20 - 30 will be not good for 2 people in a 3.1 tinny and would have to call it. But 30+ is not good no matter what size boat. I hope the weatherman has got it wrong. Anyway it changes every few hours so by tommorrow night things may change for the better.

Still hoping to see you all there but not looking good

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from the anchor and chain i have 4m or rope to a stainless rooler block which then i have 60m of rope doubled with somw floats with clips on that you atttach to the boat so you can winch the boat in and out from the beach the beach end has a ring with some more rope which you tie off to a tree. Try and make one of these camps Beau it is the best way to see what we mean as its hard to explain till you've seen it in action. I made one of these up years ago and find it worth its weight we are doing another camp in 6 weeks time

Hows the bungy anchor system work?

Back from the anchor and chain i have 4m or rope to a stainless rooler block which then i have 60m of rope doubled with somw floats with clips on that you atttach to the boat so you can winch the boat in and out from the beach the beach end has a ring with some more rope which you tie off to a tree. Try and make one of these camps Beau it is the best way to see what we mean as its hard to explain till you've seen it in action. I made one of these up years ago and find it worth its weight we are doing another camp in 6 weeks time

Hows the bungy anchor system work?

You definatly need to see it in action, I have seen it and still couldnt explain it haha

U lucky bastarrds!! Wish i could be there.

Have fun and i will be thinking of all the fun u blokes are having while im packing!! :evil:

have a safe weekend and a good party on sat night!!

Ill catch up with u all soon,

Take care and enjoy!!

Hanging out for the reports :woohoo:

I believe the boys had an awesome weekend although not much fishing was done from what i have heard :lol:

There is even word of getting into the olympic spirit, that being a spot of wrestling in an aussie vs american battle. :silly:

Great weekend was had. will wait for the report. Not much fishing in the wind but many shenanigans at the camp.

Gary C (aka compact unit) did a wrestling move on ted, and flipped him 57kg v 110kg, the compact unit punched well above his weight in that wrestle, even though it did take him all morning to recover. This is the report, it was windy as hell, we drank a lot of booze, and is was fun, end of story.

First up - sorry for my very short message Thursday night. I was on my smart phone, and it is difficult to type.

I'd like to say sorry for not attending. I had everything ready to head out the Saturday! I roasted my chicken at home in a carcoal pit so it felt like I was camping... I'm still bitterly disappointed, so much so I left my boat on my Truck until Sunday!

I got home Thursday night to find my house broken into and trashed. They took anything of value including my Lowrance elite 5x pro, Lowrance Globalmap 2400 and Raymarine RAY59E VHF radio. The police did not find much prints, but there has been 28 other robberies in Logan in the last 6 or so days.

I am really glad to hear you guys had a good trip! Looking forward to seeing the pics. I'm hoping insurance will get me replacement kit before the next camping trip! Shore only fishing for the time being for me. :(

Archived