AFO - Flathead Social - September 23rd - Broadwater/Pin.

Bri The Pom

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm sounds good, should be in hopefully

YES!! under 18! haha

haha watch out for Declan he is a gun flatty catcher

ArrhSh$t. ...I might need to take them out: P

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHdxyCdNmzw&feature=g-user-lik

Runty, this could be you :ohmy:

ahahah

Thats a great spot to meet up Bri, Also a great spot for any landbased fishos who want to come along.

Before I got a boat I used to hit that area most weekends and sometimes during the week on my lunchbreaks. Great lb flattie area.

Also picked up this shovelly off the pontoon one morning which gave me a good workout :)

post-8998-144598840405_thumb.jpg

Heads up....

Due to time and circumstance this social will cross over with the 2012 Moreton Bay Classic...

However we see this as a potential positive...

We have added Flathead to the prize list for the MBC as well as extended the boundaries so people at the social have the option (not the obligation) to enter the MBC as well.

The MBC like last year will be an online submission format and an extremely cheap entry ($10) has been introduced based on the results of those marketing surveys we conducted a while back. I feel that this plays on all strengths as it makes the event viable for us to run but the introduction of the social events also offers a social outlet for members during the event :)

Cheers.

I will direct everyone towards the MBC post today...

Angus

Guys n Girls

Just putting it out there, do we need to cancel or postpone this social event due to the MBC.

All thoughts appreciated

Please do not do either!

Very special consideration was out into the MBC so it would not clash. These were extending the boundaries to factor in the spit/seaway and adding Flathead (which didn't make the original 2012 cut). For various reasons this was the date the admin needed to choose, but we don't want the social to be inconvenienced. If anything I hope it attracts more to both!

Angus

Mate i think its your call Bri and Kelvin you are the guys running the social and going to the effort what would you prefer first choice

Guys n Girls

Just putting it out there, do we need to cancel or postpone this social event due to the MBC.

All thoughts appreciated

Guys n Girls

All thoughts appreciated

Run with it for now. If the numbers aren't looking good enough a fortnight out then have a vote from the attendees then. Plenty of time.

Guys n Girls

All thoughts appreciated

Run with it for now. If the numbers aren't looking good enough a fortnight out then have a vote from the attendees then. Plenty of time.

OK that's the plan, we'll keep on for now and maybe have a vote a few weeks before and if the numbers are not there then so be it.If all the members have a think which one to fish and honestly say if they are attending or not we can get an accurate idea.Do I get to keep all the prizes that have been donated.!!! :whistle:

Guys n Girls

All thoughts appreciated

OK that's the plan, we'll keep on for now and maybe have a vote a few weeks before and if the numbers are not there then so be it.If all the members have a think which one to fish and honestly say if they are attending or not we can get an accurate idea.Do I get to keep all the prizes that have been donated.!!! :whistle:

I say you should share them with the first one to respond to you.

Ooh, that's me. Must be my lucky day :silly:

Hmm.....i just became employed which may proove a problem with dates but ill figure something out :evil: also Bri how do i pay the entry fee and when? is cash a problem on the day?

Good news on the new job,Hope you can make it. We will just meet at the ramp on the morning,time TBC and pay cash $10.00 and then the prizes will be mainly cash and donated prizes.nice and simple.

I'm sure most people are aware that we only need a photo of your flathead on a accurate measuring device, with a number given to you on the day.You can catch the fish photograph it and then release it, if you wish. The flathead must be released when over 75cm in length.

Obsession fishing have donated one of there awesome brag matts, so if you need a brag matt,certainly give the boys a shout before the event.

I'm sure most people are aware that we only need a photo of your flathead on a accurate measuring device, with a number given to you on the day.You can catch the fish photograph it and then release it, if you wish. The flathead must be released when over 75cm in length.

Obsession fishing have donated one of there awesome brag matts, so if you need a brag matt,certainly give the boys a shout before the event.

Thanks for the heads up about the brag mat im sure Wheel Fish is coming down even if im not and i was discussing maybe if there was some for sale on the day? i haven't heard good things about the quality of BCF's and they are really the only tackle store down here.

Let's plan for it to go ahead for now Bri - like Brian was saying just wait and see how the numbers are looking. In the next week or two people will hopefully sussed out what their plan of attack for the MBC will be. Perhaps if need be we can get another show of hands a couple of weeks prior. I think we'll get a respectable showing though.

Thanks for the heads up about the brag mat im sure Wheel Fish is coming down even if im not and i was discussing maybe if there was some for sale on the day? i haven't heard good things about the quality of BCF's and they are really the only tackle store down here.

Hey Deckhead, Are you the mad phone man from Wheel's boat ? :lol:

There was a thread with the brag mats for sale the other day. I'm sure if you wanted one it could be arranged for Wheel to collect at the event. Maybe shoot Angus a PM about that. ;)

Pink meat - the other salmon lol

Let's plan for it to go ahead for now Bri - like Brian was saying just wait and see how the numbers are looking. In the next week or two people will hopefully sussed out what their plan of attack for the MBC will be. Perhaps if need be we can get another show of hands a couple of weeks prior. I think we'll get a respectable showing though.

Yep, were on, full steam ahead.

Guys n Girls

All thoughts appreciated

Mate I am still in for the flathead social. It was an idea fostered by AFO to be run by members for members at minimal cost and inconvenience to all.

To then put the MBC on the same date is an interesting move by AFO.

Guys n Girls

All thoughts appreciated

Mate I am still in for the flathead social. It was an idea fostered by AFO to be run by members for members at minimal cost and inconvenience to all.

To then put the MBC on the same date is an interesting move by AFO.

Booty don't pull hairs. It was that date or no date as we have no other weekends available in that general time period (month either way) and have made some personally inconvenient sacrifices to make it happen at all. With this in mind we revised the format to both be minimal cost and inconvenience. The social format has not been impeded at all by both events being on and with a social every single month, I would suggest a likely hood of double ups is always going to be a possibility.

From page 3. :unsure:

Heads up....

Due to time and circumstance this social will cross over with the 2012 Moreton Bay Classic...

However we see this as a potential positive...

We have added Flathead to the prize list for the MBC as well as extended the boundaries so people at the social have the option (not the obligation) to enter the MBC as well.

The MBC like last year will be an online submission format and an extremely cheap entry ($10) has been introduced based on the results of those marketing surveys we conducted a while back. I feel that this plays on all strengths as it makes the event viable for us to run but the introduction of the social events also offers a social outlet for members during the event :)

Cheers.

I will direct everyone towards the MBC post today...

Angus

Hey Deckhead, Are you the mad phone man from Wheel's boat ? :lol:

There was a thread with the brag mats for sale the other day. I'm sure if you wanted one it could be arranged for Wheel to collect at the event. Maybe shoot Angus a PM about that. ;)

Pink meat - the other salmon lol

Sorry for the late reply he keeps telling me i was on my phone.I was actually putting bait on xD

OK so maybe you were putting the bait on, That Time. you had to put the phone down to do it though because you haven't found an app that will bait your hook yet, or one to take your fish off, or one to clean your fish.

if anyone can help DeckHead with downloading these apps please advise him as his old system is getting a little tired of doing it for him :P

maybe i need to download the latest deckie and delete this one :whistle:

OK so maybe you were putting the bait on, That Time. you had to put the phone down to do it though because you haven't found an app that will bait your hook yet, or one to take your fish off, or one to clean your fish.

if anyone can help DeckHead with downloading these apps please advise him as his old system is getting a little tired of doing it for him :P

maybe i need to download the latest deckie and delete this one :whistle:

Make sure Deckie 2.0 can still retrieve belongings that fall off pontoons :silly: . Hey! and besides the only time i was looking at my phone was to check the tide times 0.o I'm not that bloody bad :P

Archived