AFO - Flathead Social - September 23rd - Broadwater/Pin.

Bri The Pom

Guys n Girls,

I would like to announce the September afo social and the target species being the flathead.

The revised date for this is Sunday 23rd September meeting place is tbc, but most likely to be runaway bay or the ramp at the spit.

The date on the events page shows the 30th of september but due to a grand final it has come forward.The date on the event page will change.

This is 2 weeks before the gold coast flathead classic, so its an ideal time to catch big flatties and this can include landbased anglers as well.

Last years classic over 3700 flatties were caught over 4 days.

The usual cash prizes will be the same,but im talking to alot of sponsors and retailers and have been promised some great additional prizes.This will probably include an under 18s or junior prize.

More finer details will follow, but just wanted to get it in the diary early.

Im open to suggestions and any sponsors or prize suggestions will be appreciated by all on the day.Feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Brian,

Just a teaser, this was caught September 25th in the Seaway.

post-662-144598837484_thumb.jpg

Members so far

Ted

max pwr

manni

booty

sunnydays

motly crew

surfingant

ezy

greenmachine

keen as

deno

dave p

m conradi

jacob

declan

runty

doss

brisfisho

Dassa & Girls

jarryda

monty 36

muzz

Angus

wheel fish

hfisho

deckhead

summerbreeze

often debaited

tugger

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmmmm sounds good, should be in hopefully

YES!! under 18! haha

haha watch out for Declan he is a gun flatty catcher

ArrhSh$t. ...I might need to take them out: P

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHdxyCdNmzw&feature=g-user-lik

Runty, this could be you :ohmy:

Im liking the idea of this junior prize, fighting talk already, come on you little tackers in the tinnies.Thinking a ladies prize as well.

Just hope i can secure enough prizes for the catergories,going well so far.

:woohoo: I might be in afterall. :lol:

Will confirm closer to the date.

I should be there too, is there a smallest flathead prize? Im pretty good at those ones :pinch:

[attachment=54099]557753_108825179249734_259815255_n.jpg[/attachment]

Jarryd, im no expert, but can nearly guarantee there will be none that small, and NO to a smallest fish prize, but they will be named and shamed.

As for the winner, there photo will be projected onto the seaway tower for the duration of the flathead classic, im working on it. :S

JarrydA wrote:

I should be there too, is there a smallest flathead prize? Im pretty good at those ones :pinch:

557753_108825179249734_259815255_n.jpg

Jarryd, im no expert, but can nearly guarantee there will be none that small, and NO to a smallest fish prize, but they will be named and shamed.

As for the winner, there photo will be projected onto the seaway tower for the duration of the flathead classic, im working on it. :S

Gotcha Jarryd. Shouldn't guarantee anything Bri.....

post-11214-144598838295_thumb.jpg

and about 5 mins later

post-11214-144598838308_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Andrew

Yeah I will be making a huge effort to be there guys :)

Bri not sure why you can edit the post but will cut and paste the info into the group when I get home.

Angus

Thanks Angus,

If you can add Kelvin in the admin as well mate.Cheers.

When I decided to put my hand up for this I also asked Kelvin (kmcrosby78) to help out, he was'nt sure of a family event, but he has confirmed he will be free and hopefully together we can make this a very enjoyable social event for all who take part.So over the next few days we'll get our heads together and do some damage :unsure:

Archived