Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as the entrants fill in the forms correctly, they need not be members on the site to compete. But as Feral said, it only takes a few minutes to sign up and would be worth while in case of any changes etc.

Also may have been a slight misread by Dave in regards to the Media Release. There will be at least $500 worth of prizes for each category. Not a cash prize.

There are plenty of land based options around the weigh in station including in the park itself.

For all other questions etc, the entry forms should cover all of it. :)

Cheers.

Angus

EFC: Jeff is right. If my predictions prive correct there will a lot of people fishing Kooka and other such places. Maybe even consider teaming up with someone with transport.

On the weigh in station note. A few people did complain last year. But bare in my mind, its a big river! Whevever we have it will be a problem for some and a benefit for others.

Pros for Comlsie: Massive Car Park, Boat Ramp, an area we can hire for a price as an exclusive HQ, good stretch of river etc.

Hence our decision.

Cheers.

Angus

Your decission is final.

OK fellow AFO's how about no complaints and plenty of appreciation. These things are not easy to pull together so don't waste the admin guys time by trying to get them to change things or whinging at em.

If you want to make a suggestion use the \"I have an idea for BRC\" tab.

Other then that good luck fighting over 2nd place.

Dont release the forms to soon - we are all having to much fun talking it up and telling Newbs horror stories!!

Hey boys, the \"rights at work team\" were severely handicapped last year, we got no fishing time in on Friday, we were to busy being TV stars, and acting as the camera boat!

Which is probably why Alex only got 1st and 2nd in the junior comp, had nothing to weigh in the first day! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Righto I am on planning on spending saturday night at Kooka, sleep on the boat.

Will move from Kooka when the ski lice show up. Anyone else likely to be at Kooka saturday night? Maybe have a bit of a bbq or a drink before the serious fishing starts?

Not sure If I'll just go an relaunch at Comslie Sunday, and spend the day there, or go elsewhere.

At least if I go to Comslie then I can leave my 12 foot Noah to stink out Angus at the headquarters until weigh in time!

faulked wrote:

the claSSic is just a bring in dead fish for weigh in theres no cattergory for a photo or live fish i take it maybe a funniest pic comp

The fish dont have to be dead for the weigh in. If you guys can keep your catches alive until the weigh-in so they can be quickly weighed, photographed and released. So fish can be either alive or dead.

Cheers.

Angus

P.S. You can sign up your interest in competing in the Attend Events section :)

Do you get a reply if you suggest in idea for the BRC.

Admin Note: No, we take note of them and see if we can incorporate them now or in the future.

Do you need a safety/ observation/ photo boat and crew to help out anywhere along the river. Dont think i will compete but willing to help out if needed.

Admin Note: Any help is much appreciated. Please contact Angus to see what you could be able to do.

Archived