Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowfish13 wrote:

I know they make good livies, but if we bring in a big dead Cattie for the weigh-in, Is it a good idea to put out a fillet of that Cattie the next day as a fillet bait?

Fillets of catty work as well as any strip bait. Being they are a little more on the nose, that could only be an advantage for sharks.

Angus

Just a clarification on the definition of 12 and under.

Is 12 and under 13 minus 1 day ? or 13 minus 365 days ? If you know what I mean.

Another way of putting it = Is 13 next birthday a twelve year old ?:blush:

Admin Note: Juniors are 12 years and under on or before 7/12/07. So if you are 12 years and 364 days old on or before 7/12/07 then you are Junior, and can only compete in the Junior BRC.

just a quick question - if i enter the brc can i fish during the nights (fri&sat)? ive looked in the faq and the rules and conds but coulndt seem to find any info

Admin Note: Yes you can. It states on the entry form that The Brisbane River Classic (’BRC’) fishing competition runs from 8am Friday 7th December - 4pm Sunday 9th December 2007. You can fish anytime in this period.

Just so I can figure what to target,

In misc fish category, what would rate higher, 40cm Mangrove Jack, 1m Threaddie or a 60cm Squire/Snapper?

Also, what happens if we catch a fish that is above the maxium keeper size, such as a Flathead that is 80cm and we want to put it in for misc?

Tim a wrote:

In misc fish category, what would rate higher, 40cm Mangrove Jack, 1m Threaddie or a 60cm Squire/Snapper?

Also, what happens if we catch a fish that is above the maxium keeper size, such as a Flathead that is 80cm and we want to put it in for misc?

Tim Paper work says only legal fish can be measured in. Oversize is not legal.

The question on miscellaneous fish will be an interesting one, on the day lets just all remember this is for fun, we are not fishing for sheep stations here, so lets back the fella's on their decisions. Because they might not be easy!

Tim a wrote:

Miscellaneous Category is not judged by the biggest or heaviest fish. Instead it is judged on the a range of criteria including: species, weight, size, features, colour and rarity.

Species that could be weighed-in for this category include but are not limited to:

Threadfin Salmon

Snapper

Jacks

Grunter Bream.

Giant Trevs

Jew/Mulloway

Flatties

Estuary Cod

* Please note Stingrays, Eels and Shovel-Nosed Rays are not eligible to be be weighed-in in the BRC *

Im sure there are more.

Angus

if i enter with a 3 person team can we then use three boats?

Admin Note: Yes

or are you limited to one registerd vessel?

Admin Note: No you are not limited to one vessel

also can you weigh in a fish caught by a non registed fisho in a registed boat?

Admin Note: No. The person who catches the fish must be registered angler of the BRC.

say i have 4 in my boat but only 3 are in the team is that ok?

Admin Note: Yes, as long as any fish caught by the 4th unregistered person aren't weighed in

rumrunner wrote:

whatnow wrote:
it has to be caught by some1 in the team

ok thanks mate!

what about the boats though?

is it 1 boat per team?:huh:

You can have more than one boat per team. And team members can fish in different places. No problems there.

Unregistered people cannot weigh-in fish they catch. :P

In light of an unregistered person ending up catching a big fish, maybe just register them on the off chance as a one person team (before they commence fishing) :)

Angus

namyau wrote:

icic thanks whatnow - i just hope admin at work will hurry up and let me know if i have the sat and sun off

Please read the FAQ's under the \"Brisbane River Classic\" tab on the top menu. Many of the questions being asked have been dealt with there.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Miscellaneous Category is not judged by the biggest or heaviest fish. Instead it is judged on the a range of criteria including: species, weight, size, features, colour and rarity.

Species that could be weighed-in for this category include but are not limited to:

Threadfin Salmon

Snapper

Jacks

Grunter Bream.

Giant Trevs

Jew/Mulloway

Flatties

Estuary Cod

Angus

What about a line of 47 empty McFillet of Fish boxes proudly collected by the 'McValue Meal Upgraded Plus Coffee Enformement Team':silly:

I am sure there is some sort of fish somewhere in the burger.:woohoo:

The team wont be ther this year, but will be a force to be reckoned with next year :laugh:

Archived