New Access Signs NPD

Dinodadog

Be aware that there are new access signs at the entrance to the main fishing areas at NPD. They are hard to understand as the areas are colour coded eg Red= no go area, Yellow= public access [fishing] and Green= picnic areas.

These colours are marked on a map of the lower part of the dam taking in Forgans,Bullocky and McGaven.

I will take a photo and post it after my next trip out there.

Dinodadog

Mackmauler are you certain it was a genuine ranger you were speaking to Ranger Darren has been banned from several sites usually calls himself Darren Hokes or something similar.

I have contacted rangers office several times and they deny all knowledge of him.

One of his latest furphies was of an extremely large mary river cod caught several months ago at the npd.

The latest knowledge that I have is that the ramgers have no legal enforcement powers and can only ask you to vacate the area if you are tresspassing.

If they wish to pursue the matter further they have to call the police who can then charge you.But the rangers have no legal power to detain you whilst waiting for police to arrive.

The only this could be changed is by an act of parliment.Fitzy did a lot of research on another site re this matter.

Maybe Booty could comment on this?

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

The latest knowledge that I have is that the ramgers have no legal enforcement powers and can only ask you to vacate the area if you are tresspassing.

If they wish to pursue the matter further they have to call the police who can then charge you.But the rangers have no legal power to detain you whilst waiting for police to arrive. Maybe Booty could comment on this?

Cheers

Ray

I am no expert on Rangers powers, but from what I understand Rangers have the ability to enforce local council bylaws and issue fines. There are some that have some 'special constable' status (god help us!) and this may allow them to detain people for certain offences.

I can dig into it if you give me some information about who he is 'employed' by. And as for confiscating equipment, well you should see the forms we need to seize cars off d!ckheads for 48hours, so I dont think they would have the power just to say thanks we will take that.

Booty I am more interested in the possible fraudulent activity of claiming to be in a position of authority / claiming to represent a government body.

I can assure you all that all public servants are banned from making any representation, or providing an opinion, or making a statement as a representative of the department they are working for unless specifically authorised by the Minister of the Department. No public servant would risk their job by doing so.

Exactly Feral, we are tongue tied more than you think and ramifications can be 'life changing'.

That is why you will see me quote legislation that is open to public inspection and give personal views and interpretations on it but thats as far as it goes.

I think we just need to nominate a guinea pig to go whereever this place is with bit of string on a stick and see what the outcome is.... Takers... any takers?

Archived