25lb NPD Carp

Dinodadog

Have a look at what I stumbled across washed up on the bank out at NPD this arvo. It was nearly 1m long and around 25lb or 14kg with a heap of eggs hanging out of it. The tail span was about 30cm.

My mate called the rangers and they come down to pick it up and take it away for further investigation. One of the rangers worked on the dam wall when it was built and said he used to see the carp swimming about. He also said he has picked up 3 dead ones since the dam was built, he thought all the rest had died years ago. They were happy to retrieve it and save all those eggs from getting into the dam.

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fish_and_more006.jpg

post-1453-144598428728_thumb.jpg

:( Not good. I'm nt sure if any of you guys know but a few lakes in Tassie got drained some years back because of Carp. Frig'n things stuffed up one of the best Trout lakes in Tassie.:angry:

Story go's that some people (forigners) bought land beside the lake and did'nt like fishermen using thier land to fish from. So they let a number of Goldfish (Carp) go in the lake to kill the Trout:blink: Worked a treat.

Honestly some people:dry:

Just did some research on these pests and realised one of the 3 strains introduced into Australia comes from Singapore.. argh!! i feel bad..

I need to repent on behalf on my country, and by that, where's the nearest place from the city that I can fish these buggers!? I'll fish them and eat them alive!!!

viperon1982 wrote:

Just did some research on these pests and realised one of the 3 strains introduced into Australia comes from Singapore.. argh!! i feel bad..

I need to repent on behalf on my country, and by that, where's the nearest place from the city that I can fish these buggers!? I'll fish them and eat them alive!!!

Go viperon go :woohoo: Singo the Elliminator:woohoo:

lake manchester is riddled with mega-goldfish. i'm not sure if the dpi lets you fish there though. there's lungfish in it too and if the rumours are true, someone put a few trout in there many many years ago- it's known to be much much colder than most impoundments.

Archived