"The Jack Marathon": Online Competition

Angus

Jack Marathon…

post-63-144599078127_thumb.jpg

Concept: For a period of approx. 2 months we will be running an ongoing, virtual Mangrove Jack fishing competition. The competition will be divided in regions labelled North and South. “Team North” will be registrants from north of the Brisbane River and “Team South” will be registrants from South of the Brisbane River*.

The Competition will be run through one thread (this one) on the Australian Fishing Online website with a leader board being kept the whole time. Like many of our tangible events, the competition will be length based requiring a unique item and fish to be photographed on a clearly marked measuring device. The unique item will be emailed prior to the event kick off.

*If you are unsure of your region or have multiple is acceptable to nominate as it pleases you. Just be aware the one you nominate in registration is the one you will be stuck with for the duration of the event.

Time Frame: The goal is to have all competitors registered by the 10th of November. Although this event is totally free to enter, we will not be taking registrations after the 10th of November. This is to avoid competitor’s selectively choosing regions if one seems easier to place in. The event will run all the way through until the 10th of January 2015 and winners will be officially announced soon after that.

Categories and Prizes:

Overall Regional Win: Bragging Rights

1st Place Team North: $150.00 Fish Head Lure Pack & a Nordic Stage Favorite 732 8-16lb

2nd Place Team North: $100.00 Fish Head Lure Pack

3rd Place Team North: $75.00 Fish Head Lure Pack

1st Place Team South: $150.00 Fish Head Lure Pack & a Nordic Stage Favorite 732 8-16lb

2nd Place Team South: $100.00 Fish Head Lure Pack

3rd Place Team South: $75.00 Fish Head Lure Pack

post-63-14459908359_thumb.jpg

Best Report Relating To An Entry: Freak Fishing Assassin Kayak (RRP $595.00)

post-63-144599078276_thumb.jpg

Best Photograph Relating To An Entry: Said Photo Enlarged/Framed

Thank you to our great sponsors:

post-63-144599078118_thumb.png

post-63-144599078105_thumb.jpg

post-63-14459907811_thumb.png

To Register: Registration is simple but 100% required before the 10th of November. To register simply complete the following details by cut and pasting these heading and email to angus@australianfishing.com.au :

Name:

Username:

Email:

Region (North or South)

To Submit An Entry: Once the event kicks off, registrants will be able to submit entries in this thread using the following format:

Region (North or South):

Length Of Fish (cm):

Photo Showing Length:

Report (an account of the capture): This can be as brief or as detailed as entrants like however the best will be eligible for the “Best Report Relating To An Entry” prize as judged by the sponsors:

Photos: Additional photos aside from the “Length Of Fish” photo are not required, however a photo will be chosen from the entire thread at the end for the “Best Photograph Relating To An Entry” prize.

Summary: This is a competition designed to create some great banter and friendly rivalry. Prizes are not sheep stations so we would hope competitors would keep it honest, friendly and all round enjoyable. Good luck to any and all competing.

LEADER BOARD

North

1st: cody123800 52cm

2nd: S-K-I-P-P-A 42cms

3rd: Tunafreak 39cm

South

1st: snapperbasher 50cm

2nd:

3rd:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never hurts to have a pre-fish Ted ...... Great idea for a comp Angus and thanks to the sponsors who have kicked in some fantastic prizes. Just wanted to clarify a couple of things - if I enter 'South' because I live south of the river, can I enter a fish if I catch it north of the river, or must the fish be caught in the 'region' you entered?

The other one was that two cut-off dates were mentioned for registration - November 1st and 10th. Cheers.

Pictures of the Fish Head prizes will be posted in the next couple of days so people can see what is in those packs.

Registrations have been steadily rolling in so at the very least we should have an interesting Mangrove Jack thread to check out over the next couple of months!!!

Angus

The North has just pulled ahead of South is registrations by 2... At the end of the day it will all come down to the fish caught though :)

I will amend it in the brief to be clear as well but submissions will be 1 leader board fish per person... So no one person taking out 1st, 2nd and 3rd...

Angus

A reminder this is nearly upon us. Registrations close on the 10th and you will not be able to register after that date.

It is a free competition with some great prizes so don't be shy!

Might even be the motivation you need to get out and give it a crack!

Angus

Last to register guys and girls.

Looking at about 60 entrants right now.

I will start sending out unique items tonight and will not accepting registrations after midnight.

If you do not get an email from me tonight but believe yourself to be registered hit me up again.

Cheers.

Angus

Hey Guys ,

Thought I would Get in first and Put something up from weekend away fishing with a few Mates,

We got jacks and Plenty of Other Species . Was Great Fishing Between the 3 Of us with 12 Jacks caught in 3 days

I Ended Up with 3 Jacks For the trip, Not the Biggest Of Jacks , But Still Plenty Of Fun on Medium Baitcast Gear , SO Was Pretty Happy , Ill let the Photo's DO the Talking ,

post-10096-144599083443_thumb.jpg

post-10096-144599083451_thumb.jpg

post-10096-144599083456_thumb.jpg

post-10096-144599083465_thumb.jpg

post-10096-144599083482_thumb.jpg

post-10096-144599083495_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Josh ><>

Archived