The Wind On Wed Looks Good.

Drop Bear

Hey Drop Bear

Sounds like you are going to have fun, if the wind is down for a while maybe I could go to the POB area in the yak again (preferably not as my dads windshield 😉). Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to finish my school work off so I'll be stuck in the house (that's if I was allowed to come). Good luck!

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey Drop Bear

Sounds like you are going to have fun, if the wind is down for a while maybe I could go to the POB area in the yak again (preferably not as my dads windshield 😉). Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to finish my school work off so I'll be stuck in the house (that's if I was allowed to come). Good luck!

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Looks like a good opportunity to get out. Good luck mate. 

6 hours ago, Hweebe said:

I need to find a job that allows me to fish mid week. So many times weekday weather is mint before blowing a gale on weekends. Let us know how you go.

Hi Hweebe 

Well, I'm just like you except I need to find a school that lets me fish mid-week 😉 LOL. Hopefully the wind is down over the weekend though.

Cheers Hamish

8 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Interesting. Both BoM and WillyWeather have got great forecasts for the Bay this weekend. Seabreeze must be forecasting for offshore? It is still only Tuesday so things might change by Saturday. That Seabreeze forecast is classic example of what is known as “bosses’ weather”. It used to frustrate the hell out of me when I was still working. 

59 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Hi ellicat

Well that's a shame, 20-25 knot winds... My dad was feeling a bit crook anyways so it might've not been the best weekend (he "went" to the doctor which was a phone call and was told it wasn't COVID-19).

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

It was a great day out as usual. A good feed of cuttlefish and squid. The mackerel were on again and we left them biting once we boated 10. They were all mid 60s and above. The biggest was 72cm. @Drop Bear has the photos.

Hey Old Scaley

You are making me drool with envy! 🙂 I love calamari, so that would've made for a nice feed. Sounds like you had good fun with the mackerel as well. Were they Grey Macks or Schoolies? (Or another species)?

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

18 hours ago, Hweebe said:

@Old Scaley good effort bagging out on the macs. “A great day as usual” 😀. I only hope to get one of your days out in the bay 😀

Don’t be fooled @Hweebe, I get more than my fair share of donuts, but every day you can get out on the water is another great day, especially when you you can share it with a mate. Plus, we got to see turtles and a dugong came to visit, so really the fish and cuttlefish are just a bonus. 

Hey Drop Bear and Old Scaley

Sounds like an awesome day you had out, the dugongs and turtles would've been amazing. 

One slight problem. ellicat, I don't know if you've seen this before but is anyone else getting this when they try to view the pictures Drop Bear posted - 

1219303843_PictureProblem.thumb.PNG.1efe83277bc61a2d19749eb150b2e071.PNG

aussie123, is this the issue you're having?

Cheers Hamish 

20 hours ago, rayke1938 said:

i get gibberish hieroglyphics Sunday going to be cool but good at npd the wind will keep the smaller craft away,

Cheers

Ray 

BBBrrrrrrrr you are braver than me.... 25knots on the bay tomorrow....

I'm sure you will have a cracking day all the same.

Stay safe.